Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Back To Work
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:21 am

The Folkslinger

I had a pretty amazing time up in the norther part of the world. I got to play in some of the smallest little places I've been in, working or not, in decades. And it was like the old days. Last December I called my friend, Carsten Panduro in Tønder, Denmark (who is guilty of founding the Tønder Music Festival. I said "Help me get some little gigs around Scandinavia - Nothing bigger than 150 people." So, he called some of his friends in Sweden and Norway and within a few weeks we had a little tour planned - I was on my way. I took a couple of guitars that could handle extreme weather, my computer a camera and a piece of luggage. That was all, but that was more than enuff. I needed help everywhere just lugging that stuff around, but luckily I found some help everywhere I went. I got to make lots of new friends and play in some interesting little joints.

More than once I ran into a poster backstage from Sarah Lee & Johnny, who have now gone to places I was just getting to. That was a wake-up call! I have to get out more and catch up to my own kids! With that in mind, I am about to get on a flight from Frankfurt, Germany that will end up in Orlando, Florida. Jackie and some of the offsprings will meet me there, while I have a few days to catch up to American time. Then it's back on the trail with Abe, Krishna and Terry.

To anyone reading this who I met over the pond, Thank You! I had a great month off - great vacation! Now I'm looking forward to getting back to work. :)

adg

Post subject: Re: Back To Work
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds like you had a wonderful time over there! I'm still smiling, thinking of you behind that reindeer sleigh! But it will be good to have you back on this side of the pond! :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:59 am

Senior ArloNetizen

that is wonderful.
thank you for sharing. ~~ <3 ~~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome home! We ordered a beautiful day here in the Sunshine State for your return.

mikey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:20 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds like a working vacation! :) You'll be here in VA soon! So welcome to VA. We are looking forward to you coming here. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:49 am

BlunderVirgin

We are looking forward to your Hampton VA show, second night. My son is 16 and really in to listinging and playing folk music; saw you last year also. He even has a copy of this is the Arlo Guthrie book 1969 (and has been playing comin in to Los Angeles).

Considering this is an election year we have been wearing our Ron Paul shirts around, we don't agree with everything he supports but really like the military non-intervention policies and agree with you that we need American manufacturing and home-grown jobs. We need real change.

See you and loking forward to another good show, thanks for coming to Virginia.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

The pictures and videos make it look like it was a fun time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:46 am

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome to the site! We're all gonna have fun at the shows. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:02 am

ArloNetizen

Great to hear that Arlo had such a good time in Sweden,Norway and Denmark, any chance of phoning a friend in the UK who could arrange a few concerts this year. There are loads of small venues, village halls etc. with room for approx 150 people who would love to see an Arlo concert particularly in Yorkshire, living in hope.

Brian and Rosie West Yorkshire(The White Rose County)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:13 pm

BlunderVirgin

Good to see You survived the Scandinavian winter. I got a bit worried when I saw the places You were going to. I was fortunate to get a ticket at Café Mono in Oslo, Norway. First time I've been there too. (and I have been to concerts in Oslo since 1971). A very small venue, we stood about a guitars lenght away from You.
Great show, Arlo. You picked some good songs to play. I have been waiting for You to come to Norway for 42 years. Though I have seen You perform in Tønder, Denmark and London, England.
Best wishes to You,
from Helge Ottesen, Brevik, Norway

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:22 pm

BlunderVirgin

Hi Arlo-- I am looking forward to seeing you Wed. in Hampton and welcome to the area!

2 things

A local DJ named Mike Arlo (coincidence? I think not) places Alice's Restaurant every Thanksgiving at noon; I think this was his 20th year. Hopefully he'll be there

PLease it would only be fitting to play Reuben Clamso in Hampton. First English settlement, with Settlers, Indians, Clams, Ships with billy clubs, and forts with pointy posts around them. PLay it in the key of B--for "been waiting 30 years to hear you play this live here!"

Hope you have a good trip down and a good stay!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:21 am

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome to the site! We listen to Mike Arlo play the tune every Thanksgiving. It's a tradition we do every yr and foist upon my parents. I'll be at the Hampton gigs both nites. Tonite I'll be wearing a purple sweatshirt with a peace sign on it and purple flared pants. Plus I'll be the fattest one there rotfl. I dunno if Mike Arlo will be there but at least we'll see Arlo. Have a good trip to Va Ar! See ya tonite! :)

Here's some info on Mike Arlo:

http://www.1069thefox.com/pages/2862440.php

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 am

Arlo Fanatic

I have no idea why you decided to fly back from Germany on an airplane when you had a perfectly good sleigh and reindeer? :?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
I have no idea why you decided to fly back from Germany on an airplane when you had a perfectly good sleigh and reindeer? :?

"Comin' in from Europe from over the pole/Slidin' on a reindeer-sleigh-iner....." :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:30 am

Arlo Fanatic

Hope you come to Belgium, while Marie and me are still on this side of the pond. We both would love to see ya.

Hope Ron Paul wins the head to head match against Mitt in Virginia. Though wish he would talk of North Dakota's State Bank as part of the way out of The Fed.