Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Summer 2011 G Center
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:33 pm

BlunderVirgin

ADG and jackie:

I'm looking forward to seeing you this summer at the center and working in the
kitchen! ADG don't forget to stop by and bug me for a delicious bowl of chili **
Glad the house is great- post some photo;s soon!

Andrea Jackson

Post subject: Snowy Berkshires
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 pm

BlunderVirgin

The snow has been great for skiing~~ That is all
otherwise a real pain in the butt..... :roll:

Andrea
D.B.A. Applesauce **

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:00 pm

BlunderVirgin

I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan....
I don;t need a man, I have a plan- cuz' I'm a
WOOOMAN~~ Is that how it goes ADG????? :oops:

Andrea Jackson :lol:
d.b.a. applesauce
G Center member (Honary)
HD Walker

Post subject: Re: Update...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

great news about the florida house... how beautiful it must be there...
snow is better in the Berkshires....but on the right side of the state we're getting a little weary of the
frostbitten noses and collapsing roofs (happens from snow, too, ya know;)..... from a distance perhaps
I could see it more magically, too....

wandered (cyber-speaking) a bit myself the last several months... missed the tranquility and warmth of this place, though....guess I'll drop by more often....

hope you have a great tour....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:15 pm

BlunderVirgin

adg wrote:
I'm finding it hard to believe I haven't had a chance to update arlo.net since last Thanksgiving. Jackie and I have been enjoying the first real break in a long, long time. Our house in Sebastian has, after almost 25 years, been finished. It's been a long time coming with a few odds and ends to finish up. But, we're here. and thankful. On the other hand I'm missing the mountain in Massachusetts, with one of the best winters we've had in many years, at least as far as snow goes. Guess you can't have it both ways.

In the meantime, I've simplifying things - abandoning the chatter of FaceBook, MySpace and Twitter etc. I didn't realize how time consuming all that stuff was until I just went ahead and shut it all down. Most anyone I actually know or care about is connected here at arlo.net anyway. And without the ads, sales-pitches and self-promoting garbage entering my field of view, it's been fairly peaceful. The world looks a little better without the technology at times. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's all great stuff, but sometimes enuff is too much.

I've been slowly adding date and gig info into the schedule for anyone interested, and Dave is talking about updating the calendar in ways I don't understand - but it's always good. Also, we're finishing up the logistical support for the 2nd leg of the "Journey On" tour. We'll be ready to roll pretty soon. And I can hardly wait! With Abe, Terry, Bobby, Jody and Jeannie, Annie and Marie - it's been awesome!

There'll be a few surprises as far as venues go, and I'll add them as soon as they're confirmed. Things are looking good :)

See You Somewhere,
adg

The house can't be finished ! Doesn't Jackie still want Kathryn to do a stained glass window for it??! She wanted a crab when you called it the crab house! What do you guys refer to it now ??!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:18 am

Arlo Fanatic

Inquiring minds want to know! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:49 pm

BlunderVirgin

I keep waiting to hear more about the concert scheduled in Boulder, Colorado in April---want to get the best seats! Any idea when they will be available?? Hope to see you there! Elizabeth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:01 am

ArloNetizen

Hey Arlo!!! Great to hear all your news, and congrats on the house being finished. Jackie must be happy as a dog with two tails!!!! We downunder blunderites could do with a bit of "Arloness" after our recent floods and cyclones and stuff. We'd love to see you here in Oz again sometime soon. Love to all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

Hope things are going better for you guys and OZ and things are safer for ya'll now...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:22 am

Senior ArloNetizen

It is great to hear that you and Jackie are having some peaceful times and that your house in Florida is finally finished. So, isn't it time now to start plans for an additional new house at another wonderful place :wink:
About the facebook, myspace etc. sites. I love arlonet cause it feels like home, and it felt like it slowed down here a bit, because a lot of discussion went on at some other place.