Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

Post subject: chat??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:15 pm

ArloNetizen

....am i the only one who has never managed to chat with anyone other than myself??

i pop on now and again, and its always just me. do people actually go on there?? i know there's the Friday evening thang but have not yet got myself together to work out the time difference.

greenyes/ania

PS. don't know much about jazz except my sister's boyfriend's dad is/was a big jazz drummer whereas my sister's boyfriend is a big hardcore drummer - confused??!) anyway, Dave Brubeck is flippin' great, just watching a documentary right now ...

Post subject: Re: chat??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:26 pm

ArloNetizen

greeneyes wrote:
....am i the only one who has never managed to chat with anyone other than myself??

i pop on now and again, and its always just me. do people actually go on there?? i know there's the Friday evening thang but have not yet got myself together to work out the time difference.

greenyes/ania

PS. don't know much about jazz except my sister's boyfriend's dad is/was a big jazz drummer whereas my sister's boyfriend is a big hardcore drummer - confused??!) anyway, Dave Brubeck is flippin' great, just watching a documentary right now ...

i feel dirty replying to my own post but what can i do??
sting and clint eastwood on dave brubeck (love him!!!) programme. ????! weird i say

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:29 pm

ArloNetizen

greeneyes wrote:
greeneyes wrote:

greenyes/ania

i feel dirty replying to my own post but what can i do??
sting and clint eastwood on dave brubeck (love him!!!) programme. ????! weird i say

oh god, last time i answer my own post twice, i swear. mr. brubeck and his wife have just had their 65th wedding anniversary, imagine that? beautiful...xx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey there Ania,

Watchin' you talk to yourself doesn't make you flippin' crazy or anything, at least not by local standards. Now and then some of us get together in Blunderchat, or "blat", as we call it. It is most definitely one of the more under-used features. You can make a post (I think if you look back far enough, you'll find one called "Meet me in Blat???" or something like that), and request or propose a time to meet up in blat. I'll wager you'll have folks linin' up to blat with you. When I've been on there, I mostly have to watch/listen, 'cuz I'm slower than a turtle when it comes to typing. By the time I answer a question, the conversation has moved on considerably. Interestingly, a couple of years ago Dave had reworked the site, and said that he was going to remove the chat feature since it wasn't being used. This, of course, created quite an uproar....."don't mess with my blat"....."oh please don't great wizard!" and stuff like that. You are something like 5 hours ahead over there, but if you make a time, or post something like, "what time is good for everybody?", I'm sure you'll find someone to blat with. Lord knows there's plenty to blat about these days........ :idea: :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:21 am

Arlo Fanatic

I think alot of folks were coming in on Fri nites and chatting. I keep forgetting to drop by there...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'm game. It can get pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:48 pm

ArloNetizen

Goofus wrote:
I'm game. It can get pretty interesting.

me too, although the mental arithmetic of working out time differences does my head in, have always been an arts/humanist kind of girl and steered away from anything remotely numerical.

on the plus side for me, am at home every evening as have 2 little monkeys asleep that i can't leave!!

when will you lot be ready for blatblatblat??

greeneyes/ania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:32 am

Arlo Fanatic

Wow! I've always wanted a monkey.

I think we can probably figure it out. I am on Pacific time. It's 11:30 pm here, and the series of tubes says it's 7:30 am there. I'm drinking a cocktail, and you're probably eating breakfast...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

It says it's tomorrow there too. Today's not tomorrow here yet. It's still yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:16 am

The W!zard

I've added back in the hook for Blat... So if you are on the forums and someone is in Blat - you should get a popup notifying you of that fact, unless you have a popup blocker installed. Might drive more folks in there when occupied!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:09 pm

ArloNetizen

Dave wrote:
I've added back in the hook for Blat... So if you are on the forums and someone is in Blat - you should get a popup notifying you of that fact, unless you have a popup blocker installed. Might drive more folks in there when occupied!

thanks, great idea Dave..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:11 pm

ArloNetizen

Goofus wrote:

I think we can probably figure it out. I am on Pacific time. It's 11:30 pm here, and the series of tubes says it's 7:30 am there. I'm drinking a cocktail, and you're probably eating breakfast...

....or i may just be having a cocktail for breakfast...mojito yes, please...not really...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:02 am

Arlo Fanatic

greeneyes wrote:
Goofus wrote:

....or i may just be having a cocktail for breakfast...mojito yes, please...not really...

No kidding. A Bloody Mary is way more appropriate for breakfast.