Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Re: MERRY EVERYTHING!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:28 am

Arlo Fanatic

I can understand being a sour apple. In March it will be a yr since Mike passed on and I cannot believe I have survived this long without him. He was and is my buddy, pal and friend and I still need him. So the yrs probably won't be much better than this one but I will hang in there somehow. Thankfully I have the Arlo shows in Feb and going to Nags Head in May to look forward to. Hang in there, I can relate. We'll all somehow get thru things. We're here for ya...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
You are a very strong person, Cheryl.....I don't know if my bipolar depression will ever go away. I am stuck with taking meds for the rest of life. If I did not have this chemical inbalance of the brain or had an abusive childhood, I would have been focusing on life in a more productive away not living in la-la land and instead of having a spending addiction or withdrawing myself from certain aspects of life. Where was I a long time ago? If I was into Arlo back then I wouldn't have all kinds of addictions and isolations. Also Arlo including some of the blunderites who I am not familar with would have known who I am by now. I can't take everything back from the past now to make it perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Don't try! Keep the windshield clean and tear out the rear view mirror!
( not in the car of course, but in life)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
I'm sorry I do not understand what you are saying, Larry. I'm confused :?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

just saying to look to the future and not the past.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:27 am

Arlo Fanatic

I guess it's all in the perspective you cultivate (POLISH that windshield). Lorie, I also will be on meds the rest of my life. But if it weren't for those meds, I would have died before I met all these wonderful Blunderites, including you. I don't know all of you, and not all of you know me, but if I take care of myself and take those meds, meeting more Blunderites as time goes on is like the opening of a flower. This is the best part of my life, so far, because of you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:10 am

BlunderVirgin

To Goofus for starting me off on another, more well known 'Irish' toast and to all of you carrying heart, life and health burdens ~
"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand." For 2010 and always, Blunderites : )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:31 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks! I'm not really that strong. I miss Mike so much and will never accept he is gone. I know I will probably be on meds the rest of my life but they help me maintain. You will hang in there and survive I'm sure.

That poem reminds me of Mike. He loved that poem so much. In fact when his Uncle Bill who he was really close to died, he had that poem on a card and at the funeral home put it in his Uncles suit coat pocket. I now wish I had thought to find that poem and put a copy of it in Mikes suit coat pocket when he went. He would've loved it. I did bury him with a Bible he had and liked having them put his hand on it. And I put some daffodils from our front yard in his hands. I loved my flowers coming up every yr.

I'm so glad to have Arlo and this site and everyone. We're all blunderfriends...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 am

Senior ArloNetizen

5 things that make life worth living :
1 - Family
2 - Friends
3 - Sunshine
4 - Nature
5 - Music

The nicest of it is that whe all have this things and you dont must be rich to have them because they are for free . :D :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Lorie, we've all got issues. And ain't nobody who's perfect. Larry's right. Look ahead. Yeah, you can take a glance in the side or rear view mirrors now and then for perspective but that ain't where you're going. Today is always a new day with new opportunities and new things coming our way and new directions to go.

A while back I read the book Winterdance, about a guy getting ready to run the Iditarod dogsled race in Alaska. He wrote that the dogs seemed to run for the sheer joy of it. And it seemed that they had to press on harder when they came to a bend in the trail or a hill just to see what was around that bend or over that hill. Life's like that. Enjoy the run. Explore what's around the bend or over that hill. Never mind what's behind you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks to you all for the thoughts and beautiful words.....I just have to find the right high gloss polish to clean the windshield and a time machine with a rewind button that does not work anymore also equipped with a fast forward button that gets stuck. BTW that is a tool that my therapist talked to me about, so far it is working slowly but surely. From time to time I have a lot of racing thoughts like TV channels changing in my mind. So each time I have a racing thought in rewind I intentionally push down the fast forward button in order for it to get stuck.....Hopefully there will be an Oxi Clean for windows to get those stubborn angry stains out!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Lorie: In the words of that great philosopher, Satchel Paige:

"Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."

mikey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Cheryl Harrell wrote:

I'm so glad to have Arlo and this site and everyone. We're all blunderfriends...

I am glad to have this site too, but I am not so sure about Arlo I still think he does not know who I am (name wise) in the past five years since I have seen him. I think he knows my face, I talked to him lots of times. I have been on this site since Sept. 2005 almost going on five years despite of my manic behavior and mood swings periodically. I would think I would last this long on the site I almost left here 100 times. Most of the people on here are supportive and compassionate. I will try my best to stay on here as long as I can.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:04 am

Arlo Fanatic

MaggieMae wrote:
To Goofus for starting me off on another, more well known 'Irish' toast and to all of you carrying heart, life and health burdens ~
"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand." For 2010 and always, Blunderites : )

Thanks Maggie. My Grandmother gave me that one when I graduated from high school. It's gotten me through some hard times. I wish it for us blunderites...and everyone else...

Edited to say: Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 am

Arlo Fanatic

Do stay on here. Hang in there thing will calm down for ya I'm sure. I bet Arlo knows who you are, he's just probably busy. Hopefully things will get better for ya. Prayers and vibes just said for you and everyone on here. Wishing peace to all...