Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving 2009!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:51 pm

The Folkslinger

Well, at least a lot of us get a day off, or get a little extra loot for working. To everyone spending time with loved ones or friends - Enjoy. To those dishing out food and care to others who need it - God Bless You! And those caught in the web of the worlds problems, take a moment for yourself today. We are all in the same boat. There is no past reality, nor is the future ever reachable. We have only the moment, this moment. I've written about moments for decades, but I only write about them in the now of things. It's this now that I love, where I can decide for myself who I am. And if there are days when I can't seem to remember who I am, that's okay too, because I also know that I am loved. Whoever I am, whatever I've done, why ever I did anything, I am still loved. And I am not any different than you, which means you are loved. That's something to be thankful for anytime, and a good time to start remembering is now - Thanksgiving is all about knowing you are loved. Whatever, whoever you name your beloved, the love is the same. For that I am pretty thankful... adg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Happy Turkey Feastie Day to you too Arlo! I hope that you and rest of the clan have an awesome day and a great weekend at Carnegie :D I was supposed to go this Saturday but other things came all of a sudden.
I will be there is spirit in someone's back and front pockets or in a purse :D

Take care see you in the Spring!
Peace,
Lorie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:00 pm

ArloNetizen

Happy Thanksgiving to all...may everyone enjoy good food, good music and the gift of peaceful time spent in the warm embrace of loved ones, whomever they may be.
XXOO
hrg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:33 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Hey Everyone

I am happy you don't have to work. It's good to be with close friends/ family.
Here in Canada had ours in Oct as most of you know. I can't see why we can't have all of North America celebrate on the same day. Maybe one day will will. I wish I were there with all of you, but can't. So again from me, Enjoy .

Happy Thanksgiving , love you all.
Alexandra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:13 am

Senior ArloNetizen

A Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Those who are traveling: Wishing you an easy, safe journey!

I am thankful for each of you for making my life richer!

Peace, Blessings & Blundervibes!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

The site was down but is now finally back up. 106.9 The Fox, the classic rock station in the Hampton Roads area plays Alice every Thanksgiving at 12 noon. We can get them on the radio here in the Richmond area. You can also listen to it online here:

http://1069thefox.com/pages/5749421.php

And one of their dj's is even named Mike Arlo.

It won't even let me post the pics on here so you'll have to go to the links to see them. Why it won't let me post them, I dunno.

Found 2 neat pics of Arlo online:

This one is really neat. Whoever did it did a nice job.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/13 ... -13459.jpg

And this one is so cute:

http://www.alancopeland.net/artists/images/Arlo68.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:20 am

Arlo Fanatic

We'll be gathered at the round table feasting, pickin' with my brothers, fussing about the Iron Bowl and listening to stories. ... and then the yard work. :( and then some creative work. :lol:

It is a good day to be here! Happy Thanksgiving!

... in the year I actually did eat at Alice's Restaurant and shared times at the Church. What a wonderful year this has been to give thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It is a good day to be here. Many thanks to everyone here, so many blunderful friends. Happy Thanksgiving, Peace and Love, Kevin :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:03 pm

BlunderVirgin

Happy Thanksgiving, Arlo and Family.

Heard your interview with Alan on WAMC today followed by Wanda's show where every year she plays "Alice's Restaurant."

When I was a youngster, I met you and Pete, believe it or not, back when "Alice's Restaurant" was first released. Was a while ago, I guess you could say.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Peace.

RCS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:18 pm

BlunderVirgin

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I have just finished my third turkey dinner here at work. Working 12 hours today and 12 more tommorow so everybody brought me food. Hope to see everybody Sunday at the Newark Nj show.

Have a Wonderful Day....Take time to call a friend and bring pumpkin pie to people that have to work on Thanksgiving.

Steve Madara

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:02 pm

BlunderVirgin

Icon of thanksgiving!

What I am thankful for - Arlo will sing this at every live show after all these years and do it with cheer.

Also the song itself

And the buffet at Barbacoa (Boise) that gave me a Thanksgiving dinner that, of course, couldnt be beat. I could have Paella without slaving over hot seafood and everyone else complaining and turning up their collective noses.

And the Alices Restaurant cookbook.

And Alice and Arlo.

And the dogs who also think that living in the moment is most effective. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:17 pm

BlunderVirgin

Happy Thanksgiving!

I don’t want a turkey
I just want a world that ain’t so murky

And I don’t want no pumpkin pie
I just want to hear Sarah Lee and Johnny I.

And I-I-I don’t want no big cheese ball
I just want to remember yall at Carnegie Hall

GREAT Job: Guthries rode hard again, without a motor sickle

Happy Thanksgiving!
The WSC Arlonaut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 pm

BlunderVirgin

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Or as I like to refer to it, "Big Pants Day" The message you posted is inspiring and it was a joy to read. I returned home to New England from Mississippi, where I was cooking for Katrina Relief volunteers, the week before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving itself brought 30 family and friends into my home for turkey dinner. I am thankful and it was as I said, inspiring to read your message and the replies. I also believe that dogs have it correct to be 'in the now'.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:34 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Yes, It was wonderful --the weather was so warm I sat outside on the front step's of the church! It was spring like. See ya soon ADG and Jackie~~~ :lol:

Andrea Jackson :D