Here's a good one :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL1pKlnhvg0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
There you go being intuitive again, Larry:

http://www.modernwhig.org/

Quote:
SOCIAL ACCEPTANCE — Government should refrain from legislating morality.

I'm still not sure just quite what I'm intuitive about, but if adg says I am,well..... that's good enough for me. :D Perhaps I'll find out at the church next month. Anyway, the modern Whigs may be on to something!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Jesus H. Ch... ok. This one goes to Facebook and anywhere else the m*** f**** teabaggers hang out.

Thanks Arlo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:26 pm

ArloNetizen

More on milk...

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/200 ... dairy.html

Gandhi said "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." And not just the cute ones. (that last part is me).

Or put another way...when you mess with the bull, you get the horns. Or the cancer as the case may be.

hrg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Thanks adg and hrg.

Why are these stories not in print media? Or did I somehow miss them?

Doug

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

Something else concerning our wonderful health care system. A drum making friend of mine who has done work for Little Feat's drummer, Richie Hayward, told me today that Richie has liver cancer and must undergo chemo. As typical with a lot of musicians, has no insurance. He's married to a Canadian and lives in Canada but is still, as far as I know, an American citizen, so not covered under Canada's system. They're doing fundraisers for him. So as not to go too far off topic, I'll post the websites on the Moose Friends Network forum.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:04 pm

ArloNetizen

DRR, the stories get into print now and then, but the truth is that the print media is under the same pressure that the reporters talk about in the youtube clip. It's all about money. Who is the first advertiser that the Fox reporter mentions in that clip...Round-up. It's not a coincidence. Round-up has a vested interest in making sure that Big Agro keeps working. More cows, more crops, more pesticides, more corn, more corn syrup, more more more.

We get fat on the disease-ridden backs of these poor creatures. And when we get sick from all the toxic garbage we are ingesting where do we go? The doctor. And there it is...right back to health care.

Hey, what are we doing down here at the bottom of the food chain?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:24 am

Senior ArloNetizen

So true.

When I was 18, fresh out of high school, I worked for at a local chemical company for Aerojet in Rancho Cordova, Ca. They even gave the division a quaint local name...Cordova Chemical Co.

One of the products we made was Prowl herbicide or 245t. Dopey me, I asked what it was used for. "Farmers soak corn seeds in it and no weeds sprout," I was told. Young and naive I was. Ah yea, Agent Orange. The Walter Reed cancer research drugs I worked on helped justify some of the crap I made, but not so much. Tagamet, an ulcer med. Hoof and mouth disease med for cattle. Sadly, I also made TATB, an armor pierceing explosive.

The nice management at Aerojet put vast amounts of waste into what is known as dredger pits. A hole in the ground left over from dredging for gold. They dumped every waste known to the EPA and the State of Cali there. Nice pourous ancient river beds.

Then it got into the nearby American river. My friend turned them in to the state water quality board. I quit and later testified againt them. The site became a Superfund site. Thirty years ago a few of the worst chems turned up in our city well water, perclorate, rocket fuel, TCE.

Ten years later they fought to carve out some real estate from the superfund site to sell off. I fought that as well, and I fought for a clean non-well water source. But the gavel banged in their favor on those issues as well.

So the local water company now blends our well water down with non contaminated water based on weekly samples, keeping the toxins below the threshold values.

Can we fight such giants and win?

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:36 am

Arlo Fanatic

Well I'll be dog, I had no idea the Whig party was still around. Sounds like something Arlo would join lol...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:22 am

Arlo Fanatic

Nah....he don't need a whig.....he's got plenty of hair.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Here's another one. Not being a farmer, I don't know if it's good, but having grown up in a rural farming area in the youngest days, it seems familiar. It emphasizes ways to enrich the land as the organics are grown by understanding how things such as flocking behavior in grazing animals affects the soil.

Quote:
http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/BlogtownPDX/archives/2009/08/12/everything-joel-salatin-does-is-illegal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:01 pm

BlunderVirgin

Hillary tried to do this in the 90's. If these (presumably) same people didn't try to stop her, we'd have about 15-years of experience with health care reform.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
I'm still not sure just quite what I'm intuitive about, but if adg says I am,well..... that's good enough for me. Perhaps I'll find out at the church next month.

You don't have to wait that long. Get Jackie's video posting of Arlo, the Burns Sisters and the Big Band at her Facebook page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H5yLNHSzeU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:20 pm

ArloNetizen

A little light reading:

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti ... ontroversy

And this is fun:

http://blog.buzzflash.com/analysis/894

War on drugs, indeed.

hrg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

Wow! I am an intuitive! adg, that's friggin' great! :D :lol: