Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Zero is certain. You can count on nothing. If there is anything else, that's everything. God invented integers.

A really rotten day. Then I came home and Tales of 69 was waiting for me. God, I hope this is as funny as advertised. I could sure use the laughs. It came with a neat postcard sized scedule of the next tour. Unfortunately, nothing in my hood. Time to start inveigling venues.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Captain Zap wrote:
Gee! Maybe you could use the same method to infiltrate the KKK? Infiltrate and squeeze out all of the bigoted, racist, self-absorbed, religious right monotheists with fair-minded moderates! Uh, wait a minute. The former describes most Republicans, too! Maybe to the tune of "The Twilight Zone" theme is more appropriate.

or maybe this as a theme song!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spz8_rpE0e0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQIsdKl1KWE

Integers or the real thang... hot hot sax. :o

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

nortonkevin wrote:
I'm in total agreement with you Zap......I was making an attempt at smartassism with that quote.

My faux pas, Kevin. My apology. The dander on my bald spot gets up when I think I perceive religious "tudes". Obviously, not the case here.

And Agnes, "Yakety Sax" works well there, too! Or any song that has a reference to bong water!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:30 am

Arlo Fanatic

And I bet folks on here think my opinion is worth $0. LOL... :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

Nope. The going rate is 2 cents......even for me, even if my Mama always told me I had no "sense" whatsoever...... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:48 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

len wrote:
Zero is certain. You can count on nothing. If there is anything else, that's everything. God invented integers.

SLG does a bit in her show about her love of numbers, which is pretty funny. But it also always reminds me, as does your observation, Len, of one of my favorite passages on numbers -- favorite because it just sums up everything so well:

"Because the number system is like human life. First you have the natural numbers. The ones that are whole and positive. The numbers of a small child. But human consciousness expands. The child discovers a sense of longing, and do you know what the mathematical expression is for longing?

"The negative numbers. The formalization of the feeling that you are missing something. And human consciousness expands and grows even more, and the child discovers the in-between spaces. Between stones, between pieces of moss on the stones, between people. And between numbers. And do you know what that leads to? It leads to fractions. Whole numbers plus fractions produce rational numbers. And human consciousness doesn't stop there. It wants to go beyond reason. It adds an operation as absurd as the extraction of roots. And produces irrational numbers.

"It's a form of madness. Because the irrational numbers are infinite. They can't be written down. They force human consciousness out beyond the limits. And by adding irrational numbers to rational numbers, you get real numbers.

"It doesn't stop. It never stops. Because now, on the spot, we expand the real numbers with imaginary square roots of negative numbers. These are the numbers we can't picture, numbers that normal human consciousness cannot comprehend. And when we add the imaginary numbers to the real numbers, we have the complex number system. The first number system in which it's possible to explain satisfactorily the crystal formation of ice. It's like a vast, open landscape. The horizons. You head towards them and they keep receding."

-- Smilla (from Peter Hoeg's "Smilla's Sense of Snow")

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:58 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

len wrote:
Quote:
Len, I hope you know I don't really think Arlo is a vampire and, even if I did, it wouldn't mean I was expressing a value judgment on his lifestyle in and of itself.

You mean, he's NOT the Host here? :twisted:

Oh, now there's an interesting idea. I'm not sure how I feel about that. My initial thought was that Andy Hallett left some awfully big shoes and, really, no one should try, no matter how talented. But I could kind of see Arlo, in his own way, as a good demon from an intolerant plane of existence hosting a karaoke bar...maybe not in LA, though...and I'm not sure I see him singing "I will survive"...but he's surprised me before.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:37 pm

BlunderVirgin

Quote:
Truth is I'm not much of a political animal at all. I just found a different place to be yelling the same old stuff I've been talking about for the last 40 years. It's my hope that if everyone starts yelling loud enough on both sides of the isle everywhere, maybe something will get through"

Or will they start to care?
Quote:
I'm beginning to believe I've heard just about enough garbage to last a while, and if there's one thing I know about - It's garbage.

ADG

I believe that we are too late, IE today I heard that the White house wants use to turn in our Neibors, that wear a star of David! WATE that’s not it, heer it is, that give out misinformation on the Presidents Health care Plan

Dose it really matter? YES : The World’s BEEN there done that one before
If Alice had a dish on her menu what would she call it?

For the last year and half I have had to evaluate THE MEANING OF LIFE as if affects me.
Believe it or not I have found some TRUTHS not many
some.
Be well and true, to thy self, as; thats all there is! LUD NFG :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 am

The W!zard

OMG!!! I just got around to seeing this... And I haven't read past the first page - but if I'm reading this correctly... Arlo became a card carrying Republican DURING THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION... ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:41 am

Arlo Fanatic

Maybe more will come over to the good side and join our cause. LOL... :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

A careful reading of the folkslinger's post tells me that you guys are being infiltrated. You can't have a light without a dark to put it in (or something like that), and he's trying to be the light.

mikey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah Dave. Don't be getting too giddy just yet. I don't think Arlo is there to drink the kool-aid, but rather to attempt and brew a new batch. :D

The fact that this news has you and Cheryl H. approaching Nirvana is just a side effect. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dave, it's in the Hippie Articles of CONfederation. If a hippie fails in a mission, another hippie has to try, and if they fail, another and another until the dirty deed is done. In the day about the time Arlo performed the now infamous Tales of 69, a certain young hippie woman and her friend went on a mission from Dog...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWpLJyVthBU

Ya gotta understand, it was war.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wow....imagine that. If Grace got in there and spiked tricky dick's tea, he might have danced naked on his desk or something.........Hey.... Wait......he did, didn't he?!! :shock: :)

Probably still a better thing than dubya and nose candy......huh?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.