Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:

adg may be talking about the martini.

or singing at a republican function? If it's a republican function, you KNOW that there will be martinis.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:57 pm

BlunderVirgin

Larry wrote:
len wrote:

adg may be talking about the martini.

or singing at a republican function? If it's a republican function, you KNOW that there will be martinis.

Like it about go's with out saying " Where you find 4 politicians you will find a fifth"

Hope its Jack Black Label - support my kin.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Arlo Fanatic

When he opens for a Sarah Palin speech, I'll accept that. Of course, after seeing that, I'll need a Lynchburg Lemonade and they can hold the lemonade.

This is starting to feel like an Ingmar Bergman film: don't know who to root for or if I should stay for the end and am suspicious of the subtitles. Uncertainty in the cause of ambiguity to support ends unknown and preferably unknowable because there was no plan to begin with: just direction.

He'll look up a Cheney and say "They went that a way" and the whole of history will change except Bubba is giving them his name ahead of time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Arlo once said that the day after he wrote "Presidential Rag", Spiro Agnew resigned. Maybe he's on a "Sing and Destroy" mission........ :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well then, I'd submit that he may 8 years and change too late!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

And as far as opening for Simple Sara, why not??? He could play a few of Woody's songs like, "Jesus Christ", "Tom Joad", "Do-Re-Me", "Talkin Dust Bowl"........

We rolled into Los Angeles broke
So dad-gum hungry I thought I'd choke
So I bummed up a spud or two
And my wife cooked up a 'tater stew.........

It was mighty thin stew
You could read a magazine clear through it
And I've always believed that...
If that stew was just a little bit thinner...
Some of these... politISHians...
Could'a...seen through it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:

"well then, I'd submit that he may 8 years and change too late!"

It's never too late, or, better late than never......I am willing to bet that G.W. isn't the only guy or gal out there who was told by God to run for president. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'm waiting for the day when one of 'em sez " God told me NOT to run for president". :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Either way......if God told them anything at all there should be a "special" place for them :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
I am willing to bet that G.W. isn't the only guy or gal out there who was told by God to run for president.

God mumbles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:

God mumbles.

I think it might be more our hearing....... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Then that's Her design defect.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'm not quite sure it's a defect if you consider that God has a great sense of humor. I mean how else would you explain the platypus, disco and george w. bush? :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Then it's gotta be the lyrics.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:20 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Most logical explanation: God does not exist and/or is silent and GWB and SP (and their like) are either liars, lunatics or listening to some trickster entity like Hoki. Second most logical: God is evil and they are part of his/her evil plot to destroy the world.

Why is everyone so obsessed with Sarah Palin? She's Tinkerbell...stop enabling her and her light will fade. Besides, why would Arlo hang out with a Sarah with only 2 names when there are so many better ones out there with 3? Arlo + SLG; Arlo + Sarah Michelle Gellar (Guthrie & Buffy: the Republican party has been taken over by beings that are sucking the life out of it...Arlo's good, but he needs a slayer's help); Arlo + Sarah Jessica Parker (Guthrie-Bradshaw: the White House needs more shoes).

On the another thread, Arlo seems to be saying he can only go where he's invited (sounding suspiciously like certain vampires, if you ask me) so maybe we should mount a write-in campaign to get him invited on to a talk show to discuss the future of the Republican party? Possible options:

a) Daily Show or Colbert: upside: high profile; downside: very limited time and sometimes the hosts monopolize the time with their own quips.

b) Mike Huckabee's show: never watched but I enjoy his appearances on "a" so what the heck.

c) Moyers, assuming he's on next year. Upside: would be a good, thoughtful discussion (and Moyers has already quoted Patriot's dream on the show, so it's a realistic possibility). Downside: Not a lot of viewers.

What do you think?

Eileen

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'." -- Rincewind discussing Twoflower (Terry Pratchett, The Colour of Magic)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.