Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:57 pm

The Folkslinger

It's about time! I've been waiting for summer since... well... Last Summer! I get to work a little less even though there's plenty of gigs coming up. I get to spend some time with the offsprings and their offsprings - family time. It won't be long until the dog days of summer give way to the great Fall weather, but meanwhile I'm all excited about gardens, flowers, swimming, stuff like that.

Our Semi-Summer Annual Church Revival at the old church (where we filmed Alice's Restaurant) marks the true beginning of the season. We will celebrate the "Fourth of July" weekend as we often do with our 3 day concert (a fund raiser for the Guthrie Center & Foundation). As always, members and supporters of the Center get advance notice for tix to the event. That has happened and as of now the shows on July 3, 4 & 5, are open to the general public. Call the church for your tix if you haven't already 413.528.1955 - Come On Down (or for most folks - up).

I hope it'll be a great Summer for everyone - Take it easy... adg

:)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Boy honey, you are making me want to go. Ya'll have fun & enjoy the 4th. I think my folks & I are invited to their friends house to eat on the 4th. Yum...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Since the FB page isn't paging, I'm hoping it's ok to repost your greeting back to my FB friends who subscribed but have yet to make the trek to arlo.net.

Ah what the heck... doing it anyway! :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:06 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there.

Me too flowers, gardens, swimming and stuff. Pool is almost ready' just need some of those rays to shine on the water a bit to warm up the cold, cold water.

Speaking of gardens every time I am out there doing something or another that "dingleberry folk song" gets into my head and won't go away. "Inch by inch " "row by row" can't get rid of it .
I haven't had the need to use that last verse yet though, I am sure I will before it's all over with.
My biggest problem is "Quincy" he wanders all in the flowers and steps on stuff he shouldn't be stepping on ya know but, I don't yell at him , just guide him into another spot.
He likes the cold dirt on his belly with his legs sticking out behind him. We call him "chicken legs"

I hope you all have a good 4th of July weekend. You guys are better off in the states, YOU get a "long weekend"
In Canada our holiday is on the Wednesday so we just get a split week.
In the U.K. well they are all called "Bank Holidays" and don't get this July one.
Although I know some are taking a weekend and more. Hope the sun shines on all of you.
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there, Peter and I have lost our Dads it's also a day to remember what wonderful dads we had. So have a good one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:52 pm

BlunderVirgin

Nothing quite makes me as happy as gardening! Unless it's hotter than blazes outside.... Some may find gardening and weeding a chore, I see it as liberation of my plants. Whether they be fruit bearing or perennials. I love to watch the ever changing summer landscape. The corn will definitely be past knee-high by the 4th of July!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:56 am

BlunderVirgin

Love to be there, actually the 5Th is my birthday
I think we'll be there for the next one.

Arlo, since i saw you when i was 12, and listen to your dad later,

Here is what came up the other day

This time is our time

This time is my time

This time is your time

This time is now

This time is ours

From every places

Across the Americas

This time is there

For you and me

Let us rejoice