Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Back On The Farm
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:30 pm

The Folkslinger

It's Spring! Just got back yesterday from a long road trip ending the season in Birmingham, AL with an outdoor gig along with the Alabama Symphony. Beautiful night, cool breeze (it could have been so much worse), and a great bunch of guys & gals in and around the orchestra. I drove 1,000+ miles up to the cool Berkshire Mountains to work in and out of here for the next couple of months. This summer all the gigs are like the old "Alone, Solo & By Himself" gigs I did years ago. That should be a great time.

In other news, I will be closing the 'facebook' account in a few days. It's just an impossible situation that demands more time than I have. I expect a few friends will eventually show up here at arlonet, where I can mange things more easily. I know you'll welcome them - don't scare 'em off immediately.

The Wizard and I will get back to talking about things we can do here that will make arlonet even more compelling (like you don't waste enough time here). Our moderators are the best, keeping us more or less spam-free, and keeping out anyone selling something. On that note, be prepared to laugh your butts off (arlonet makes no claims on weight loss), as a heretofore undiscovered concert from the late '60's makes it way thru the manufacturing process as a NEW ADG CD - "TALES OF '69" makes it way to the RSR store. It's so stupid I almost lost two children (dying of laughter) who were listening to the initial recording. They've recovered but remain forever changed... If I can figure out to show you the cover (here) I will, otherwise just hang in there for a little while (a week or something).

Love to all... Happy Spring! adg
Attachment:
arlocdscan.jpg
arlocdscan.jpg [ 758.56 KiB | Viewed 33118 times ]

Post subject: Re: Back On The Farm
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Enjoy your time off Arlo......and maybe get the bike out of the living room? The "Lost World Tour" was outa'sight! Hope to see you at the church in the fall......Peace, Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It could have been worse, but ya know, it was way better than expected given the weather earlier. Once the board guy dialed it in, it was PDG, ADG. It seems you had some Harley lust for the black beauty parked over next to the gate. I got a good look at it. Nice bike. Or at least until the grays beamed it up.

One bit: you really wring all the tone from that guitar on those lead solos particularly on St James. A slow hand with a deep vibrato is wonder to hear. Marvelous touch. I'll send the remains of the day north.

1969 was a magic year, and as with all magic, there's a little terror involved. I'm glad you're passing 69 on and thanks eversomuch for swinging by my neck of the woods.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Have fun at home. I love the cover of the new cd. That would make an awesome t-shirt. (Hint, Hint) And double hint, hint in size 3X and triple hint, hint in size 3 and 4X with a round feminine looking neck on it. That is such a cute & cool cover. Love ya! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:35 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Nice cover , but what is that you are holding in your hand ? :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:22 pm

ArloNetizen

Will one of the next tours be titled "Tales of '69"? Can't wait for the CD to come out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Looking forward to it! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Joe Cookbook wrote:
Will one of the next tours be titled "Tales of '69"? Can't wait for the CD to come out.

I'm not sure, but if that were the case, wouldn't Arlo have to bring someone on the tour that was not in 1969 to relate to him what was going on at that time? I mean assuming Wavy Gravy was right anyway....... :? :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

He's got flowers in his hand...

Arlo had some priceless comments at the May GC concerts about this photo, the recording, and the offspring just about hurting themselves laughing when first hearing the recording. If you missed it, sorry! We about hurt ourselves laughing at his comments about it!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

This sounds like a must hear record... :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:55 am

BlunderVirgin

Hey Arlo,

Facebook was so nice...maybe Arlo.net can have an rss feed...so we can have all the new posts on our readers or use Ning... http://nc.ning.com/ Just a thought.

:wink:

Maid in Brooklyn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:54 am

The Folkslinger

I think arlonet DOES have an RSS feed thing.... or some parts of it do... Parts is parts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:02 am

BlunderVirgin

Well...I guess arlo.net works like an rss feed...as I just got notified that you posted. Back to basics...they work best... :D My bad....just being helpful...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:17 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Hey Arlo.

Hope you enjoy your time on the farm and some time off.
Your Poster is very '69 all psychodelic(excuse spelling) and stuff like that.
I miss your updates on facebook,and hearing from you from time to time but on the other hand I have made a few new friends thanks to you.
An added bonus, looking at your tour schedule you will be back on Oct 28 09 @ the Dominion Chalmers Church in Ottawa,On. Canada. Only a mere 20min drive fron me. Unlike Kingston and a 2 hour drive but, worth every kilometer. I will be there with bells on my fingers and rings on my toes. Seeing you twice in 1 year a big bonus for me, as my time here is short due to reasons beyond my control.
I called the venue, but they know nothing about tickets and said they don't normally handle the tickets for an Event. I think it's kinda weird (thinking of you as an event).
Plus it is a little early to be making plans in Oct however, I have a lot of catching up to do and a little out of my element for now until I can get to kow all the fine people here on this site(I was accepted graciously) plus until recently I really don't have a place to be. Would it be possible someone could tell me the earliest date I would be able to get them. (tickets)
Just in case you forgot what I was talking about.
Thanks in advance.

Tell Abe the "crazy lady" says hey.
Stay safe my friend,
Alex

Last edited by galwaygirl501 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

great poster...
hope y'all make it available as a poster...it's the one you take to the ol' folks home with ya...
guessin you did the artwork, Arlo...very nice,...

which reminded me that whilst buying on Itunes one day, seemed like info flew by me that you had done the cover artwork for another artist's CD.... but then I couldn't find it... is it so?? then who??... or perhap a flashback senior moment for me.... sigh.... :shock: