Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:38 pm

The W!zard

Today it was announced that the most famous trash in the world will soon be on display at the at the Smithsonian's Museum of American History in DC. The actual envelope containing the incriminating evidence will be part of a display for a program on American Popular Song. Also on display will be the "27 8x10 glossy photos with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one..." It has not yet been revealed just who the envelope was addressed to, but rumor has it that it was addressed to Bob Dylan (returned to sender - postage due). When contacted for comment, Dylan's manager Jeff Rosen would neither confirm nor deny the rumor. He did allude to the possibility of Dylan making a brief and informal (18 minute and 20 seconds perhaps???) appearance at the museum towards the end of this month to coincide with the release of his first studio album since 2006.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Well, it is April Fool's Day, Dave.

By the way, the Republicans came out with their budget for the next 10 years today, this time with actual numbers:

Taxes - $0
Spending - $0

America, you're on your own! Last one out of Washington, turn out the lights.

mikey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:53 am

Arlo Fanatic

Is this for real or just a joke. They had on the news that Chuck Norris was gonna run for Gov here in Va. I was gonna vote for him until they said at the end of the news story that it was an April Fools joke lol...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:20 am

The W!zard

Well thanks a lot for ruining it mikey!!! Maybe I should have gone with "Arlo to Appear on American Idol" instead... :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:44 am

Arlo Fanatic

Nah. An April Fool's joke has to be slightly believable sort of like a demogogue.

In the local destination mall, someone glued quarters to the sidewalk.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:05 pm

ArloNetizen

personally,I think he should go on Dancing with the Stars. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yo may recall on one April first a couple of years ago I had some people believing that Arlo was gunna play Ozfest. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I thought this was a good one, because Arlo's trash *should* be in the Smithsonian, and I might have believed it if I hadn't just watched Alice a few months ago and seen him dump it in the river. Maybe if you (Dave) had added, "Although the trash was originally dumped in the East (I think?) River, Pete Seeger's Clearwater organization retrieved it in 1981, after which it remained in storage until it became apparent that the Smithsonian might be open to putting it on display. The trash can now be viewed near Stephen Colbert's portrait in the American History Museum, a fact(oid) which has led Colbert to challenge Guthrie to a "green screen" duel."

Which leads me to what shows I'd like to see Arlo appear on: Colbert would be first choice; "Battlestar Galactica" (the new one) would have been awesome but it's too late for that now, sadly; "Lost" or "Life" would be cool; or maybe "Monk" (as the anti-Monk)...I can see all sorts of possibilities...the only "reality" show I'd be interested in seeing Arlo on would be the SciFi "Who Wants to be a SuperHero?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

He was pretty good on the History Channel as the Hippie Zen Master (and who hasn't learned to like JD).

I'd like to see him in a web series like The Guild as himself. What happens in a game world/social network when a really famous and talented person is dropped into an environment of self-absorbed angsters (no g, as in angst) and starts losing it to the game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dee wrote:
personally,I think he should go on Dancing with the Stars. :-)

I was thinking the same thing!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:43 pm

The W!zard

A new topic has been born: What TV Show