Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: THANKSGIVING 08
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:36 am

The Folkslinger

The 2008 road trip has ended. Everyone went their separate ways after the gig in New Bedford, MA to be home for the holiday(s). We will resume the LOST WORLD TOUR in February 09. Even though I am looking forward to a break, the truth is, we were all having such a great time on the road, it was difficult to end the tour. I can't ever remember having such a great crew for so long - really.

So lots to be thankful for - including everyone here at ArloNet for making 2008 a really good year. We'll see you all somewhere down the road hopefully.

adg

Post subject: Re: THANKSGIVING 08
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
You have a nice vacation, adg :) We all are still waiting for the new CD to come out, I like those three new songs you played at the Fall Revival show: Ride Till the Morning Comes, Here's Looking At You, and When I Leave This Old World. So far sounds like its going to be an awesome CD. We are staying tuned!

Peace,
Lorie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

We loved the new songs too & hope they are on the new album. We enjoyed seeing you this yr & look forward to seeing you in Feb in Hampton. You have a great Thanksgiving & time off & enjoy yourself. Do know we love you very much. You are a wonderful person & your crew is so nice too! Don't forget, no littering. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:54 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Enjoy your break Arlo , have a nice time with your familie and than with new batteries back on the road :D ( Hope you know what a batterie is .) :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:38 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Have a wonderful break! I won't say "rest" because I don't think you do much of that even when your not on the road.

Enjoy the familier faces of family, pets & friends and coffee brewed in your own pot in your own kitchen. The vista out your morning window pane. The toilet seat that slides sideways that you intended to fix before ya left.... :mrgreen:

After it's all said and done and hugged...it's the little things that help make it "home".

L'Chaim, my Friend !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Arlo,

The show at the Zeiterion Theatre in N. Bedford was a great one, the audience loved you and the whole band. It was nice to see Terry A-la Berry on the drum kit....hadn't seen him in years.

Your version of 'St. James Infirmary' was magic, 'I Want to Change My Name to Fannie Mae was comical, 'Motorcylcle Song' was fun and one of my favorite tunes of yours 'When a Soldier Makes it Home' is so poignant.

I've seen alot of your shows over the years starting with the old days at the Music Inn, Lenox ('74?) and Woody's Roadhouse in Becket ('76) with Shenendoah backing you..... but clearly in New Bedford the whole band was having fun and that showed through in the music.

Must also say that the Burn's sisters were a great surprise, adding fantastic vocal accompanyment. Excellent night all around.

With Peace,
Chuck Williams

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:07 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

wow... Woody's Roadhouse... what a memory flash!!... seems like the owner and Arlo came to a partin' of the ways after some time... but before that i worked as a bartender there for a short while... and remember one New Year's Eve when Shenandoah was playing... at midnight Arlo appeared on stage and sang "Massachusetts"... it was great everyone went wild...
and Woody's was wild sometimes...
a little later I spoke briefly to Arlo for the first time... he said he was leaving for California the next morning to record... think it was Power of Love that came out shortly after that...
forgot all about that til now... and what has it got to do with Thanksgiving... nuttin!!!... perfectly appropriate...
Happy Thanksgiving everyone... !!.....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Neat story! I bet you had fun seeing him & Shenandoah there...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:39 pm

BlunderVirgin

I am glad i got to see you again in Akron. It was a great show in spite of the rain. thanks for your music and your heart and love ya', mary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:13 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Thanks for another great year of music and a blunderful time on the site. Might we see/hear a revival of other versions of the Alice's Restaurant Epic in the future ?

Around the world,....scotch tape is the answer. Pass the assorted pies !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:51 pm

ArloNetizen

Arlo, glad you had such a great tour. I wish I could have made it to your Louisville show. Maybe another time.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:03 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Arlo and Jackie:

Thanks again for the Thanksgiving meal that could not be beat!
I will look forward to the HD walk in May. Have fun in Manhattan tomorrow....ENJOY :lol:

Andrea Jackson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Andrea,
Seemed liked you had a great time, obviously I didn't have a great time yesterday :( ....I don't think I will attending no more dinners at the Church. My first time is my last time :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:40 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I obviously have no idea what happened, Lori, but it was nice to see you at the Church.

It was a wonderful afternoon spent with friends, some I knew and some I just met, along with a Thanksgiving Dinner that couldn't be beat!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:53 am

Arlo Fanatic

It was nice seeing you too, Fitzy.My dinner was beat like a drum! I was not feeling good. I had emotional and anxiety problems so I could not eat yesterday or be in a crowded room with people. I was outside most of the time. As Arlo mentioned to me "Today was a happy day" To me yesterday was not a happy day.

Last edited by PEACELOVEANDARLO on Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.