Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:02 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

The Cd is amazing. Sure glad I went with RSR rather than Itunes to get the great liner with the comments by Arlo, and support RSR. The service was awesome. Yes Arlo.........Massenburg is a most awesome producer, and it shows.....just like all the Little Feat albums. Also as Arlo mentions it really is a symphonic work, not just orchestral accompaniment. As a conservatory trained musician and classical trumpeter I am most impressed. The thing that really hits (though I am still digesting the recording) is the incredible interaction between the singer and orchestra, and expressive quality of Arlo's singing. For example on St. James he imitates the glissando in the trombone and (amazingly...it blew me away) a clarinet trill. Cab Calloway would be proud, and Leadbelly is diggin this incredible Godd Night Irene I'm hearing right now that is so, so elegant and brings out the waltz/lullaby quality of the tune......the whole thing is a classic.............perhaps a masterpiece of the jazz/folk/blues idiom......I'll put all this up and more on the reviews. Bravo Arlo !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:02 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Gen wrote:
Right now there are only two reviews up on amazon. I'm sure a few more wouldn't hurt. :D

Just posted on amazon...but I would recommend buying form RSR. The online process in much easier...it service was awesome,...it was cheaper...the $ goes to Arlo...and you get a great catalog flyer with the order......Go RSR ! :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

This might be a tip if you have the same dilemma. We bought a real, physical CD from RisingSon (at Woodyfest) and we bought the iTunes version the day it came out, so we could hear it right away. This gives more of our money to the right place for the CD, which is for us, and also gives Arlo one more sold at iTunes, which presumably is good for him. We'll erase the iTunes version from our computer and give it to a person close to us who warts us for "copies--who does it hurt?" We used to argue about it for hours. Now we just buy the iTunes version and give it to this person, who is generous in other ways, but doesn't 'get it' about a musicians' livelihood, theft, etc.) It can't be copied ad infinitum. The person is never around children, so won't be corrupting future generations by (supposedly) pirating music. It's win-win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:59 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Ceashel..that's real smart and creative ! There was someone here a while back who was promoting "file sharing" on a thread, even saying "anyone who doesn't allow it is not worth anything". I took him to task and basically said he was ripping off Arlo. I don't mind sharing the occasional copy to turn someone on who will then go out and buy more (for example gave a friend a copy of Rainbow Roach...he went out and bought 3 albums from itunes), but folks trying to get everything for free ala limewire....not cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:31 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Just coming back from holidays, I was very pleased to find the new CD in my letter-box.
What a wonderful CD. All the songs are splendid with symphony orchestra. Thanks a lot, it's great.

(thank you also to RSR's team, it took only a few days to come here to France)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:09 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Than I need to move to France. I ordered mine on July 10, RSR shipped it July 12, today it is still not here yet. I think I am on the blacklist of Dear Mr. Customs man at Frankfurt airport and they are checking my package again, tearing it apart, looking for all kind of stuff and charging me with customs. :evil: I want my package :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:29 am

Arlo Fanatic

Poor Bridgette; I'm sure it's because they use German shepherd dogs (Alsatians) for their dog-sniffin' technology. French poodles wouldn't be so thorough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:11 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Quote:
Than I need to move to France

You'd be the wellcome,Brigitte.
(Usually, it’s not so fast and I'm wondering whether my Boxer dog knows the poodles. I'll ask him!)
I hope you'll get your CD soon.It’s really beautiful :)

Post subject: Review
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:17 am

BlunderVirgin

http://www.portfolioweekly.com/Pages/In ... p/iID/3159

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:55 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Ceashel wrote:
Poor Bridgette; I'm sure it's because they use German shepherd dogs (Alsatians) for their dog-sniffin' technology. French poodles wouldn't be so thorough.

That must be it! :idea: Thanks for cheering me up, Ceashel and Cecile :)
And Cecile, if your dog is a french boxer he probably charmed the poodles so they forgot to sniff your package. By the way, in two days my son is going to France with a youth group to spend 12 days in the Biaritz area at the Atlantic coast. I'm sure he'll have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:23 am

Arlo Fanatic

I can't wait til I have enough cash to get the CD! I listened to one of the songs on myspace, it is SO beautiful. The timing of the orchestra is absolutely perfect. It flows effortlessly drawing you in.
I love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:20 pm

I bought the CD "In Times Like These" at the Homer (NY) concert on 9-27. I liked the orchestral arrangement -- I did miss the Arlo banter between songs but because it sounded like a "classical" concert...I can deal. The guitar and harmonica work fit very nicely with the orchestra and Arlo was in top form vocally. I just wish I could have seen that concert live.