Forums » Group W Forums » Moose Friends Network

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yep I'll be out there Agnes, to see the Blood Moon. According to my Moon Planting Guide, it will happen at 8:36 P.M. EST here in OZ tonight (Tues 28th)
(when it's 6:36 A.M. EST.Tues morn there.)

There are no street lights or city lights etc. and plenty of open sky where I live, so I'm really looking forward to getting my monthly Moon Energy plus an extra bonus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hope you folks in MD are okay. I heard you guys got a bad storm in the DC area during some baseball game & they had to stop the game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

It's 8:45 PM here Tues night and we've just had the full eclipse. Wow!!!!
I always go out under the full moon every month but this was so.......well wonderful and erie at the same time. You can understand how people use to think the world was about to end or something!!
The moon was so bright as it is when full. Then the shadow of the earth started creeping across after 7PM. Then the moon started glowing orange and the sky got darker and darker and all the stars started shining so bright. I'm going back to see that shiny moon appear again then have to get to bed, to sleep in moonlight. Gotta be up at 5 for work so goodnight, that is, good morning to you over th Pacific.

Next full eclipse is in Dec. '2011.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

louise, i couldn't find it from where i stood... (i doubted that i would but i had to look)
but i love your description!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:07 pm

Site Admin

The night of the eclipse I rode through a park on my mountain bike,was surreal how bright it was .Rode through same park last night hit some loose stuff on top of a hard packed trail caused by washout :shock:
So over the handlebars i went and fell down and went BOOM...luckily the first thing i hit was my head(I,m hard headed) then i did the classic head roll under body flip over.So toughed it out last night and went to local hospital today,walked in the door to a sign"Min. 3 hour wait".Talked to one guy whos son was there with a broken wrist 4 hours and counting.
So do you still like our system here in the north?!?!

oh yeah ....I left

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:02 am

Senior ArloNetizen

It's not better over here. If you walk into the ambulance service of a hospital by yourself, you'll sit and wait. Better chance to get treated faster is coming in with a rescue car. Than they'll check how serious it is and maybe you're out and done faster. We used to have a pretty good system over here, but the government is continously cutting down on the benefits you can get with regular health insurance. They starting to run the hospitals for-profit not for-human.
Hey, I know Canadians have a thick head, at least the ones I know personally, but a helmet can be of help even for a hard head. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:05 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Sparky, how are you doing? Hope you had no further troubles after your flip-flop over the bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:40 am

Arlo Fanatic

Hope you're doing okay... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:00 am

Site Admin

Thanks for asking,been toughing it out,right leg has contusions and cuts,right hand has a couple swollen hurting fingers(don,t think they are broken),the worse is the shoulder.Been hard to sleep and usually in morning I,m telling myself to go back to hospital but by the time I,m done my morning coffees i talk myself out of it :roll: Although today it hasnt been easy and am considering going to a diffrent hospital where i hope there isn,t a min.four hour wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:46 am

Arlo Fanatic

Prayers just said for ya & healing vibes sent. Hope ya get better soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey Sparkles! It's not much different here, unless you're having an asthma attack, then they take you right away.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:07 pm

Site Admin

Thanks Cheryl/s...LOL I,m still here procrastinating,a holiday here so its going to be even slower at hospital,trying to decide whether to hit same local one or try another across town,it may be a lil faster but I,ll prob spend just as long with the bus travel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:20 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Umm, Sparky, just go o.k.? If you're still considering going, it's time. Take a good book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I came across online where there is a Bob Dylan impersonator lol.

http://www.marstalent.com/marssouth/main_dylan.htm

Don't need to go see him as I can go see Arlo & get the same thing. Vibes headed your way... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:25 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Yes, good advice cheryl. Take a good book or a Walkman-kind-of-thing with some Arlo music and get on to the hospital. "Fingers swollen I don't think they are broken, can't sleep because the shoulder hurts." What are you waiting for. Take the hospital you think is the best, not just because of the maybe shorter waiting time. I am a bit in the medical field, so if you have a good doctor and physiotherapist, wait for him, in the end you'll save time and hassle. And the shoulder is a difficult joint, you need to take care of it. So, please, go.
Hope that you are going to feel better real soon.
Brigitte