Forums » Group W Forums » Moose Friends Network

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Just cuz we need a thread like this, and reports indicate that Godzilla ate the last one. Thanks to Louise for scaring Godzilla out of Oz with vegemite! It appears he has relocated to Canada, where thay have enough sense not to have any vegemite......which they may be forced to rethink now. That Louise sure can start alotta trouble......eh? :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:23 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
hat Louise sure can start alotta trouble......eh? :D

It seems to me that we could use a lot of "Louise's" in the U.S. ... Vegemite or no ... eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

Well since seeing SICKO the other day I don't know if I wanna come back unless I get plenty of health cover at this end!! Guess I'm spoiled living in a country where we all pay part of our taxes so "everyone" can at least get treated at a public hospital or at a doctor that bulkbills so you pay nothing.
I do have some private cover so that if I ever need an op or something I can get it right away,and I am covered for some dental and physio.We do have waiting lists for some things in the public system,like ops and dental. Hopefully we go the way of Canada and France,England NOT the U.S.A.
That movie will sure make people think (I hope) make em pull together and take back control of our beautiful country from Oregon to Mass and all points in between. OOOHHHH that scarey socialized medicine!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:47 am

Arlo Fanatic

So many threads, so little time...

Godzirra! burped a few words from the old thread and they fell in the ocean somewhere off Greenland...

Last week a motorcycle person was stopped for going 137 mph! This was during the hottest and most muggy times here. I was sure he/she was just trying to get going fast enough to cool off, if that was possible. Plus, I hear, if you go fast enough you won't get any bugs in your teeth, there goes that protein source. The weather is much nicer now.

I was the recipient of a parking lot crunch and run the other day... now all I have to do is have time to take my car in to get it fixed...

Ceashel are you and Cliffte (and everyone else down in TX) are you all o.k.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:51 am

Senior ArloNetizen

cheryl wrote:
Ceashel are you and Cliffte (and everyone else down in TX) are you all o.k.?

yah, we are all okay, so long as the AC holds up. We Texians are sort of used to it...it seems to be the mid-landers (or Elvis fanatics) that are having the hard time of it. Thanks for asking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

Cheryl, thanks for asking--we're more than 350 miles from the coast, so we're OK. Shirley and Connie & Chuck live in Houston, though--we're hoping they're OK--they had some warning and they are all pretty sensible people (as far as that goes by Blunderite standards). Erin just brought us some nice rain and thunderboomers last night, and it's cooled off so that the high will be about 90 for the next few days. Yippie!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:16 am

Arlo Fanatic

Glad you guys are okay. We'd been wondering how the TX folks were doing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I know Shirley's OK. She was stuck at work for a while yesterday--the roads were so flooded, they weren't allowed to leave. She and a lot of other people had left their lunches at home, so everybody pooled what they had and shared. They were given the OK to leave around mid-afternoon yesterday. Shirley's home and car were both OK, but things were pretty crazy in Houston yesterday. There were even a couple deaths due to the storm. Makes you think twice and be grateful when the only complaint you have about the weather is it's too hot (when it's in the 80's), or too humid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:39 am

Site Admin

Glad to hear our blunderfriends are safe :)
Dubya ia here for a visit,,maybe I should go show him the non polite version of the Canadian salute?!?!?! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Don't waste your time Sparky, he would probably think in his own deluded way that you were telling him that he was number 0ne........if he could count that high.

:roll:

And keep an eye on that asshole while he is up there! I mean I would not be surprised if he declared Maple Syrup a WMD and he declared The Ottawa Senators to be a terrorist org.!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

Well its late afternoon here, so if I strain my brain cell , I work it out that its about Sunday morning over your side.

I don't oftern have it my self, but over here it's traditional to have a cooked breakfast on Sunday morning, a full /english. The rest of the week you don't have time to cook breakfast as your too busy shouting at childern to get a move on and spilling tea down your self.

Will most of you be tucking into a cooked Full English/Amarican?

What ever your doing, good morning and keep well and happy. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yum! That sounds really good Beverley. There is a pub in Portland that serves a full English breakfast on the weekends...

Last edited by Goofus on Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

my favorite gal from manchester!

some cold cereal and hot tea for me this morning (this may sound trite no matter how true it is that the tea i generally like to drink is called english teatime...i wonder if they even have this stuff over there) i always have red rose when i am at my friend's house...

anyways i just gotta go and feed the moonflowers too since they quit blooming because of it's been a little dry around here (i am guessing). it is a little cool out there now and looks like it may be fixing to rain, but i am going to offer them some food and see if they take it. :)

anyhow, you've painted a sweet picture of the morning chaos over there bev...nice to hear from you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

beverleyknowles wrote:
Well its late afternoon here, so if I strain my brain cell , I work it out that its about Sunday morning over your side.

I don't oftern have it my self, but over here it's traditional to have a cooked breakfast on Sunday morning, a full /english. The rest of the week you don't have time to cook breakfast as your too busy shouting at childern to get a move on and spilling tea down your self.

Will most of you be tucking into a cooked Full English/Amarican?

What ever your doing, good morning and keep well and happy. :D

What a great topic/image/question! In winter, we'd have a breakfast like that this one day of the week. Today, being summer and very hot still, we had a fresh peach, two small sausages, and cinnamon toast. It was very tasty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:16 am

Arlo Fanatic

I love to go out for breakfast on weekends, and went out with a friend and her one year old on Saturday. He was very well-behaved, and I don't think she spilled any tea (or coffee) on herself. Neither did I. My other breakfast treat on the weekend is to mix up some really good granola from the local gourmet market with some fresh fruit and vanilla yogurt. That was my breakfast yesterday! It's so nice to start out the day with something so good, without having to wolf it down in a rush!