Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 6:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

QC took the key and studied it. He knew it was a locker key from the Railroad station, to be specific, the Sarah Lee Station.The locker number had been ground off the key, and replaced with a coded inscription. The inscription of "never odd or even" had him....well.....quizzled! He thought to himself " I have to zero in on what is never odd or even, yes, I have to ZERO in on it!". He knew once he ZEROed in on it, he would know which locker number the key would fit.
But his thoughts were all coming up ZEROS!...................................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 8:28 pm

heeheee "they think Im a statue" mused Ignacious the Iguana, watching the parade of stealthy characters from a grassy knoll, just out of sight.
Ignacious was mildly interested in the goings on, having spoken to Peabody about the relative aloofness of cats. Ignacious found Peabody somewhat intriguing, much more perceptive than most dogs he encountered...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 8:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ignacious the Iguana continued to observe the goings on below him, all the while Quizzled Cat was trying to ZERO in (hint, hint, nudge,nudge, say no more!) on which locker number in Sarah Lee Station the mystery key fit. However, the stealthy Ignacious would soon have his presence revealed, as a security searchlight from the nearby factory shone bright upon the friend in his company.And, and soon as the searchlight hit his friend, the famous Budweiser Ferret, the Ferret had a flashback to his cabaret days and broke into a Frank Sinatra like Verse of "New York, New York", singing loudly and proudly at the top of his little ferret lungs " Squeaky, squeaky, squeaky, squeaky............"

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Larry on Aug 30, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 12:30 am

Arlo Fanatic

...sounding more and more like sammy davis junior with every note, he leapt from his perch snatching the key up in his furry little paw pushing his way past onlookers now frightened by his exploits, bounding his way towards the lockers, just then a leg strategically placed in his path caused a chain reaction which rocked the station...

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by agnes on Aug 30, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 2:00 am

BlunderVirgin

..causing papparazzi from cnn, arlonet, and pirate radio to run barking like dogs through the station...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 9:45 am

BlunderVirgin

OMG!!!! I haven't read such a wonderful story since I was a kid sitting in front of the old black and white tv. This is delightful. The talent here is being wasted. Somebody take this to a cartoonist for on of those saturday morning cartoon-movies! A DAMN GOOD READ and I haven't even finished the story yet. OMG! This takes me back to the orginal "Dark Shadows", "Speed Racer", etc. Simply Fabulous!!!!! and Cute to Boot! OH! I'm going back to the story.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Kgirl9 on Oct 10, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 9:58 am

BlunderVirgin

WHAT?!!!! No End?!!!! Just like Alfred Hicock(misp?) leave me in suspense.....Darnit! Do do dodo, do do dodo (Mission Impossible theme)

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Kgirl9 on Oct 10, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 8:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

C'mon Kgirl9, you may add to the story you know! That's the whole idea! Go for it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2000 9:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The racket caused by the paparazzi was so loud that many in the station thought that an earthquake had struck. The sign that had read SARAH LEE STATION shook so violently that all but four of the letters fell off, and the Budweiser Ferret was nearly decapitated by a capital L. When the dust finally settled, the sign now read: S H E A

in neatly spaced letters. Now all realized why the squeaky ferret was singing "New York, New York" and where he was headed. He picked himself up, dusted himself off, and announced to the riotous gathering, "Follow me to the World Series. If anyone here is from Atlanta, wait until next year!"

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 4 times, lastly by mikey on Oct 19, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 12:14 am

BlunderVirgin

Larry, I enjoy reading suspence but I'm better write love stories. Just finish this one for me PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE....smile!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 10:11 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Quizzled Cat looked around, with the quizzled look on his face that he almost always wore and thought to himself " Why have I not done anything since the 19th of October?" " Perhaps" he thought "The answer might be found in 'Kitty's Litter Box'".With that thought, he pushed the fedora back over his turned down cat ears, pulled up the collar on his trenchcoat to cover his cold neck, walked out into the street, and hailed a cab to set out for Kitty's Litter Box, and some answers.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2000 12:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

....Quizzled Cat arrived at Kitty's Litter Box, walked in, looked around, thought, smelled and said only one thing "shit!" , and walked back out.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2000 5:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron:
"...We've been staked out here for hours after Skip got a tip from someone known to us only as Butch."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFter leaving the stinky litterbox, who should the intreped QC run into but Butch Parrot! QC was quite at a loss stuttering.. "ah...ahh B-B-...Bi..Bo...I mean Butch, old buddy old pal...Image What brings you over to this Upscale Kitty Corner part of town?"

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by gwenpen on Dec 14, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2000 10:42 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Butch looked at Quizzled Cat quizacally.
"Hmmm," Butch thought, "This cat is asking too many questions. I wonder if that cat know's about the envelope?"
Outloud Butch answered, "Where do YOU think the ANSWER lies, QC?" Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2000 3:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kittywest:

Butch looked at Quizzled Cat quizacally.
"Hmmm," Butch thought, "This cat is asking too many questions. I wonder if that cat know's about the envelope?"
Outloud Butch answered, "Where do YOU think the ANSWER lies, QC?" Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"I..uh...I..don'tknowmrbutch!" QC mumbled quickly. Thinking under pressure was never QC's forte. and as they reached this stalemate.....