Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2001 9:12 pm

...who should show up but Skip and Ms Akimbo in a breathless and apparent hurry. Skip expertly tackling Butch just as he was reaching into his overcoat. Butch and Skip tumbled away as the incredulous QC watched in startled amazement.

"I wonder if Butch knows about that envelope?" thought QC thoughtfully out loud to himself.

"You mean this envelope?" queried Ms Akimbo holding said envelope in said lovely hands above said fray of Butch and Skip tumbling away.

"But how....," QC's words trailed off like an off-road SUV nose diving over the edge of the Grand Canyon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2001 8:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

...peering out above the fray qc noticed what appeared to be an incoming contraption with training wheels piloted by the infamous pedaling pedaler with marilou riding shotgun...but no one could be sure.

...and by this time skip had subdued butch by the elastic band at the back of his pants and up onto his tippy toes...

...at second glance out into the sky it became apparent that what appeared to be something familiar at first glance was something altogether unfamiliarly familiar after all at second glance...in fact...with the roar of the chariot pulled by two lions, the reins in his teeth and a sword in each hand our hero had returned...

as the narrator's voice dropped off (not quite as sensationally as an SUV over a cliff, but dropped off nonetheless) came a general chorus from our fine crew, "what hero?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 10:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

periphery...

...in a place far away, in one of the planet's deepest chasms were a handful of wanderers in seeking out a place of shelter, for the sky had become very black and the wind raged around them tearing at their coats and winding their hair into tall twisters above their heads.
...descending deeper into the chasm they came upon pools of water scattered, until arriving at one which opened up into a jeweled and glistening lake. beams of light and mist fell over them while passing along the water's edge...the golden light shone warmer and warmer as the mist rose thick off the lake making our wayward wanderers wonder if they had somehow made their way skyward. however unlikely, the idea frightened them and our excitable friends pulled in closer together, then in single file formation proceeded onward deliberately as one walking a high wire...ever onward...and the mist began to give way as the light began to pour in more intensely when suddenly the last traces of mist parted away as our friends were revealed to the open air and the coolness of the open air rushed over them...they could scarcely tell where they were for the golden light had become a brilliant and sparkling blue, pinpointing every blade of grass and every flickering leaf and every fleck of mica that lay scattered along the ground and hillsides...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2001 4:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

"i wonder what sort of mirage that is we're seeing?"

"where?"

"over there, 10 degrees off the southwest horizon, 170 degrees off the northeast horizon, flying due east 90 degrees off the 39th parallel... or something like that..."

"huh?"

"that's no mirage, it's a,,,a,,,??"

"...a colorful hot air balloon! it looks like the little basket thingy is listing to one side a bit as though someone were in it..."

"...looks like some scribbling on the side...if i can just make it out..."U.S.S. LARRY...PHONE......HOME."...

"do you think he sees us?"

"...it looks like he's pretending not to ignore us!!"

"what's that he's pushing over the side?"

"that's not a what, that's a who?? his xtra-xtra-xtra large T-shirt states the name "TODD" across it...poor fella, hope he can land on his feet!!"

"...he's pushed another overboard, "P-A-T""

"she's got a parachute at least..."

"another just pinched her nose and jumped!"

"there goes TODD running over the hill..."

"you suspect they're in a hurry to get someplace in particular...?"

...their curiosity piqued, our inquisitive wanderers went running to the crest of the hill venturing a shy peek over at what might be on the other side of it and to their amusement saw what looked like a church...a beautiful little white church all a-bloom with spring, the center of what looked a lively gathering and over all ruckus and the smell of all sorts of good things to eat and drink wafting right up to where they stood, hmmmm...

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 2 times, lastly by agnes on Apr 10, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2001 5:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Quizzled Cat scratched his quizzled cat head and thought to hisself " I wonder what agnes is smoking, and I wonder if she is willing to share some of it"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2001 10:57 pm

"Arghguutiihmbmsopsopijjfiwjaoppakdlfklajgj!" said Ms Akimbo clearing her rather parched but altogether lovely throat. "Skip, you daydreaming again?"

"Wha?" intoned Skip, still in possession of Butch. And all the while QC was hardly able to contain himself. I mean squeezing into a 18 oz. Skippy peanut butter jar was not all that easy for a cat of his magnitude...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 8:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

..."you big fat puddin'!" ...qc turns quickly to find one of our wayfarers rapidly upon him scooping him up, "...you quizzled cuss you!"...up, up he went, right into the arms of the wandering stranger. qc was not happy with this new development in the least, with all of them moving in on him and appearing to get uglier... (all except ms. akimbo of course who was simply radiant) but that is beside the point, for qc was trying very hard to hang onto the key with the mysterious etching (retrieving it from that ferret had been no easy task...) while ms. akimbo kept close tabs on the secret envelope...
what in the wide world could have steered such an unlikely group together in one place... and why THIS place?
...right about then, what was surely a dinner bell, could be heard sounding from over the hill...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 12:21 am

Arlo Fanatic

more...please?...more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2001 9:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

...the distraction created by the bell which seemed to completely engage some of our friends while sending others running over the hill in a frenzy was exactly what qc needed to make a break for it as he leapt from the arms of the stranger and bounded down the hill tucking himself away amid the crowd that had been gathering...however short lived his freedom was as a woman in the crowd caught him up in mid stride and up again he went into the arms of another stranger..."awwww...jeejeejeebooboo..."
...meanwhile our wayfarers began to mingle in with the crowd...all except for one of them who had taken a seat atop the crest of the hill still enchanted with the sound of the bell ringing far into the distance and with the sight of it all after having come away from the cave...a few shouts from his companions however would soon bring him away from his perch thus joining the rest of them in a mixture of sights and sounds mingled with the various aromas which wove their way through to the most remote reaches of the gathering...
arlo had noticed the stranger who had been sitting at the top of the hill, watching him with great interest...approaching him from behind he taps him on the shoulder and as the stranger turned around arlo could see the resemblance was striking...he was beside himself, almost to a "T"!
at that moment said arlo, "i'll need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle...er, uh what i meant was, that's a nice outfit,,,could we talk?..."...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2001 9:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

...arlo stood talking to the stranger for some time and had offered him a bite to eat (which he accepted) and at a pause in his furious pace of speaking...at a break in his sentence, the stranger quickly spoke up, "what motorcycle?" but was soon convinced that the motorcycle at this point in time was unimportant and in fact was related to a skip in a brain wave sequence at any rate there was no going back to it now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2001 1:05 am

Arlo Fanatic

...suddenly there fell a great silence between them, as though no one else were around, each holding the others gaze as the world spun faster around them in a blur of light, color, and shadow...faster and faster it spun as the line between self and other seemed to disappear...and the memories of a thousand became the memories of one and then back to a thousand again..."what's happening?!"..."don't worry, you will be fine!" "but I feel so constricted!" faster and faster the world around them spun until it were as if they had been suspended inside of a big blue egg when suddenly the top opened up like a giant lotus and the spinning began to slow as the many became one and the one became two and "i think i need to sit down..."
"the transference was a success!" bubbled arlo, "pretty cool, huh?"
...as he turned he noticed that the stranger had taken to the ground and was sleeping hard (or was senseless) "oh! ya haven't got yer sea legs i see...here let's just sit you up, give yourself a few minutes you'll be fine..."
...arlo began to speak of many a great adventure including something about a "star trip" ... as the stranger began to notice the new change of clothing he had on and how very different they were from what he'd been wearing..."very spanky indeed!" he thought. "wash-n-wear!" arlo replied as if reading his mind..
...the stranger then opened up with tale after tale of great adventure and of how he'd arrived at this place of all places...and soon came a shout from the church, "arlo! it's time for you to go on!"
"they're talking to you! " said arlo with great excitement, "go on, you'll be fine...just be yourself!"
"that's a funny thing!" thought the stranger as he went towards the church with the only thought holding him together being, "oh, what a great story this will be to tell!"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:34 pm

Meanwhile, as Skip had dispatched the Parrot, QC's attention returned to the envelope in Ms. Akimbo's lithe hand. Nothing interesting nor remarkable about the envelope - plain white and no writing anywhere.

"Perhaps, if you hold it up to the light we can determine if there is anything residing inside the envelope," said QC.

"Why don't we just open the thing up? Why the caution?" queried Skip, sharp as a tack and none the worse for wear.

"There is a slight aroma eminating from the envelope. I noticed it when Ms. Akimbo showed it to me earlier."

"I did too, but I cannot identify the smell for the life of me," spoke Ms. Akimbo.

"Allow me," said QC reaching for the envelope. "While you obviously have a well developed sense of smell, perhaps my feline senses can come up with some more answers."
Taking the envelope, QC breathed deep, sniffing every part of the envelope. His mind suddenly was taken back to earlier times back in Cairo - the Dog Wars. What was it about this odiferous envelope that would connect back to that event thought QC as he mustard all his concentration on the odor.

"What is it, QC?" asked Skip. "You seem lost..."

"Not as it would seem," began QC, cutting Skip's sentence short. "I know this smell, it's.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

.....Columbian catnip, I'd know that smell anywhere, we smoked bales of this stuff back in college.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:43 pm

"I think a plan is in order," said QC. "Skip, if you and the lovely Ms Akimbo would be willing, it would save time if you both would go to the station and locate the locker that this key opens. I'll take the letter to it's obvious contusion and we can meet back at my office tomorrow to compare notes. Is that agreeable with you?"

"Sure QC, me and Legs can track that down. Besides it seems my original case and yours are intertwined in some inexplicable way that cannot be explained," rambled Skip.

"Very well Mr. Toomaloo," bowed QC elegantly. "I'll see you and the lovely Ms. Akimbo tomorrow. Shall we say around 10:30?"

"Around 10:30!!!" exclaimed Toomaloo and Akimbo, giggling as they did so.

"Certainly QC, me and Legs'll be there tomorrow."

"Goodnight to you both then," replied QC who then turned and walked off deep in thought over the envelope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I miss this one. it started out good, then got wierd, then got dead or something.