Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post subject: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

It is a spring time morning and you know what that means. A turning world and the Sun begins to probe the North. I have been reading the I Ching waiting for Spring. I have also been thinking of Dead Roads. I desire to sever all ties to a material world. I dream of the links failing away like rain. The rain that appears out my windows because the sun has begun probing the Northern air and mixing the heat with the cold and creating a maelstrom of opposites in the sky above my home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo62lx25 ... re=related

Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

'twas ever thus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Do you really think the chances are good...that spring is coming? Doesn't look like it here...I think you're jiving me...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:25 am

Arlo Fanatic

Goofus wrote:
Do you really think the chances are good...that spring is coming? Doesn't look like it here...I think you're jiving me...

Spring has come and gone here. Summer is setting in quick!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

yeah, around here spring seems to be arriving in waves

still, am thinking of growng tomatoes...

appreciated the post though...in case it wasn't clear.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:05 am

Arlo Fanatic

That is exactly where I was coming from, you know, the whole call and response thing. There is always some sort of longing, some sort of desire associated with a call. Initiation and the prompting of response. The warming of the water that saturates the sky turning grey to blue to grey to black. Prompting invasion that rolls across those intercoastal swamps and sending warm moisture out across the dry wind swept sleeping land. The response of the cold sleeping north. The warming and wetting of the once cold dry earth. The movement of water inter and intrastitially. A rebirth sweeping changes across the land. It moves me and makes dream of dreams of times and dreams. It is funny how I rarely agree with anything at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UiSMyyj-Ac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

Dead Roads. I think though that as you think of a spring time then it must be time for a fall somewhere. Some where reality is reality is bound to set in as a chilled wind on a sunburned face after a grand summer harvest. There is always a fear the the harvest is short and the winter will be long and you may find your self at the mercy of what you can't control. I was thinking General Custer as he rode across the plain full summers harvest in 1867. Dogs and guns and guides and the Great American West at his disposal. A young man full of arrogance and blood on his boots. Odd thing to think of? Dead roads and arrogance. His past times are only broken occasionally by the call of the wild band of men who have been gathering their own pride by the liberation of cows and horses from those who would pen them away and hord them for tomorrow. Duty compelled young George to abandon playful pursuit and strike fear in the hearts of those young men. The trails would fragment to paths to only hints of passage and then no trace at all? A dead road?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbvaJ6iO ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwgnDn8e ... re=related

I probably drink too much!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Arlo Fanatic

that is a great scene! (from LBM)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I heard a term called the dead zone "this is the end...bum bum bum...the end, my friend) tonight on the radio. It is one of those BP Gulf disaster anniversary things, you know. Biologist talking about oil in wetlands and stuff. All that crap that Jesus and Mohammad could give a shit about. Any way they referred to the Dead Zone? It just seemed to me to be part of the whole Dead Road thing that humanity has chosen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfwE4_1XxmM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6aCMgy0 ... re=related

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

ya, i have read about them dead zones, i totally agree with the "humans have chosen" part.

even though i am not religous by now, still i don't know why so many who claim to be?, ignore the whole "(god).... will bring to ruin those ruining the earth" part?

will take me a bit to watch them clips (thanks for them!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

The Psalm of The Happy Camper

I come from the land of gibber and chatter. It seems to me that we are confronted with a monumental task and we are lost in the wilderness. Maybe I can build a castle and hide behind the walls? I can delude in fantasies and stave off reality. Send brave knights out into the darkness to protect the light. My time is limited as the water in this river flows swiftly by. There will be no prophets to heed and all around me life pursues victory in a land of not quite realized potential. I am bloated fat on oil and my mind is muddled in delusions of the self and the almighty as I stumble through thorns and thickets with a million cuts oozing lifes blood on the fields and into the streams in a land of gibber and chatter. We are the bewildered in the land of gibber and chatter and stumbling under the weight of our own iniquity.

Safe within my walls I can meditate on desire

People are distracted by objects of desire and afterwards repent the indulgence
because they indulged with a phantom and are left far from reality
desire for illusory is a wing on which you might ascend to reality
when you indulge desire you lose your wing and fantasy flees
preserve the wing and your desire may bear you to paradise
people indulge desire and tear out their wings for the sake of illusion

It must have been a good night for dreaming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enjkGjRxjkU

(Blame Rumi and Isaiah for this little out burst)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

the same plane, gotta be on that same plane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djBKQNVj5Cc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

Cool hat!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:44 am

Arlo Fanatic

I like a good hat! But, he is prejudice, Or maybe it was just the times?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

cosmic debris, ageless gibber and chatter, all words on page lying on the floor. Time comes for the embryo.To contain the spirit of life.In response to the sun. Life begins to move.The sun gives spirit. Other stars leave impression. The sun penetrates to the core. The womb responds with life. So I see these images. A horizontal with a vertical on the bottom. Half way up the vertical, a parallel horizontal. A base with layers. A womb. Earth. To the right a detail. There are more layers. A mirror image of layers. One massive stroke penetrates the image dividing it into to opposites. The power of the sun penetrating the earth. The force is absorbed by the womb and returned as life. The symbol is K'un.

Another night for dreaming I suppose?
(This outburst was brought to you by Rumi and the Book of Changes, they are haunting me from the floor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnpil_pRUiw