Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:04 am

Arlo Fanatic

---Confused Gnus and Views---
**Retro-Gnusflash**

Today is the 33rd anniversary of some 22 year old hippie folksinger that thought he was there tommorow announcing to throngs of other hippies that "The New york State Thruway is closed...man!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:

---Confused Gnus and Views---
**Retro-Gnusflash**

Today is the 33rd anniversary of some 22 year old hippie folksinger that thought he was there tommorow announcing to throngs of other hippies that "The New york State Thruway is closed...man!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is such a memorable event, that today, thousands of NYC Police and Firemen are planning to close 42nd Street to commemorate that day!

It's true!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

WooHoo...
The Yelo Sub is already en route...

I'm traveling tomorrow morning... and I know I'll get there, cos I know the back roads, and don't have to travel on the Thruway - since it will be closed anyway... (500,000 hippies or somethin like that!)

Anybody else in the vicinity...Head for the Woodstock Reunion at Yasgur's Farm , about 2 miles from the Original Woodstock Site... Yasgur Road off 17B in Bethel...

<FONT COLOR="purple"><I>Well I came upon a Child of God
He was walking along the road
I asked him where are you going?
This he told me:

Said I'm going down to Yasgur's farm
Gonna join in a rock-n-roll band
Got to camp out on the land
Set my soul free

We are stardust
We are golden
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the Garden!</I>
<FONT size="1">~Joni Mitchell</FONT s></FONTc>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Will this still be going on this Sunday Wyld? If so, I may take a ride up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hell Yeah...

I'll be there probably until around 6 or so Sunday evening... some folks will have left, others will be hanging for a couple of extra days - and I'll be heading back to help with cleanup the following weekend...

Hope to see you there... ask at the One-Dog-Kitchen and maybe Eric can point you to where I'm likely to be... with bells on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey Sparky....

We even let Canadians in!

(Looking forward to seeing my friends Joyce and Perry from Cobourg)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:10 pm

Not to change the subject ... but thought ya'll might enjoy these actual quotes by some of our former and present leaders ...

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country," --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president," --Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents.

"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it," ? A congressional candidate in Texas.

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
--Al Gore, Vice President

"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix." --Dan Quayle

" It's no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or another" --George Bush, US President

"I was provided with additional input that was radically different from the truth. I assisted in furthering that version," --Colonel Oliver North, from his Iran-Contra testimony.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."--Bill Clinton, President

"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur."--Al Gore, VP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:59 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Thought y'all might like this quote that showd up on my email today:

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world look weird--now the world IS weird and people take Prozac to make it look normal!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:54 pm

So true ... and mostly by those of us who took acid to make the world look weird ... hmmmmm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I know of a fellow, nice chap, named Larry, works for a newpaper, he thought that LSD should be inserted in the bum rather then taken orally. now he looks weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:27 am

Arlo Fanatic

Maybe so, but Andy Warhol and Peter Max both offered me large sums of money for my psychedelic bowel movements after that experiance.Besides, where do you think the term "brown acid" comes from? Silly hillbilly.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Larry on Aug 16, 2002 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dear Editor:

Why is it that those damn yankee bastards keep trying to put us hillbilly folk down.

Sure we inbreed with our sisters but the only reason they don't is that their sisters are all so butt ugly. Sure we don't have sidewalks or little pictures of walking men telling us when and how to cross the road but then again we have no need for them. Sure we have out houses but who would want someone like Larry coming into their home and taking a big crap? Sure our educational system is underfunded and the level of education is low but we still beat Mexico on the SAT's, (but maybe not if the are written in Spanish). So lay off us Southern folks, hell you won't find us running after a little puck across some ice, that's what we have hound dogs for.

Thank You
Mr Southern Comfort

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 2:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dear Silly Hillbilly,

We wish to inform your dumb ass that the term "silly hillbilly" is considered a compliment and a term of endearment, but the term "dumb ass" is not.

The Editor.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 2 times, lastly by Larry on Aug 16, 2002 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

-----Confused Gnus and Views----
*"all the gnus that gives people fits"*

From our Washington D.C. Editorial dept.:

We have concluded that George W. Bush is in fact a drowning ostrich.Let's look at the facts:
1) He is simultaneously in over his head with his head in the sand.(some feat in itself we admit.)
2) He has a bird brain.
3) It has become rather obvious why George's daddy chose Dan Quayle as a running mate now, even though it didn't then. He did it to lower the bar so young George had a shot at the office he now holds, and most ornithologists consider the ostrich to be higher on the scale of evolution than the Quayle.

We submit for your approval, that these facts speak for themselves and can lead to only one conclusion, the one we have put forth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:

Dear Silly Hillbilly,

We wish to inform your dumb ass that the term "silly hillbilly" is considered a compliment and a term of endearment, but the term "dumb ass" is not.

The Editor.

[CENTER]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh you sweet talker you...

Dear editor:

Why are you insulting birds?

confused in Tn.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.