Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:42 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I don't know how I got on their mailing list but I get regular mailings from a company that auctions celebrity autographs. A Catalog arrived yesterday containing the following item:

"Singer-songwriter known for his songs glorying in the spirit of the American land and its people. Souvenier 6 X 4 1/4 postcard folder of Pennsylvania, depicting some great scenes of the state, signed on the first address line in black ink, 'Woody Guthrie.' A rare find in fine condition."......$850.

Much as I'd like to own this myself, it's not in the budget right now. If anyone here is interested, e-mail me and I'll forward the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:40 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Wow! Wouldn't that be cool...not in my budget, either, but it's nice to dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Some things are hard putting a price tag on. For sure. This does sound like a rare find.

*It makes one wonder, just how much Woody left behind. Somewhere, someplace, in somebodys living room there's probly a painting or two. Maybe no one the wiser that it's a Woody original. I've had artist friends before, and they usually leave lots behind. Like a carpenter losing a pencil. Then sometime, it resurfaces. Sooner or later.

I hope whoever ends up with it, see's the value in it for what it is. (Which is way too much to even try and put into words). I can invision it posted along my walls with all the other memorabillia....

*Did anyone ever buy Leadbelly's old guitar??? At $500,000.00 I'd have to tell them to keep it myself....ral