Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

Post subject: A.A.A.D.D. vs SO
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:07 am

Arlo Fanatic

I got this in an e-mail today and I thought of you guys right away.....could this be catching?

They have finally found a diagnosis for my condition. Hooray!! I have recently been diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D.! Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it goes:

I decide to wash the car. I start toward the garage and I notice the mail on the table. Ok, I'm going to wash the car, but first I'm going to go through the mail.

I lay the car keys down on the desk, discard the junk mail and I notice the trash can is full. Ok, I'll just put the bills on my desk and take the trash can out. But since I'm going to be near the mailbox anyway, I'll pay these few bills first.

Now, where is my checkbook? Oops, there's only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk. Oh, there's the coke I was drinking. I'm going to look for those checks. But first I need to put my coke further away from the computer. Oh, maybe I'll pop it into the fridge to keep it cold for a while.

I head towards the kitchen and my flowers catch my eye; they need some water. I set the coke on the counter and uh oh! There are my glasses. I was looking for them all morning! I'd better put them away first.

I fill a container with water and head for the flower pots -- Aaaaaagh! Someone left the TV remote in the kitchen. We'll never think to look in the kitchen tonight when we want to watch television so I'd better put it back in the family room where it belongs.

I splash some water into the pots and onto the floor, I throw the remote onto a soft cushion on the sofa and I head back down the hall trying to figure out what it was I was going to do?

End of Day:

The car isn't washed, the bills are unpaid, the coke is sitting on the kitchen counter, the flowers are half watered, the checkbook still only has one check in it and I can't seem to find my car keys! When I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY LONG!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:08 am

Arlo Fanatic

Oh, shit--you just described my day yesterday. And it was a vacation day, now totally wasted and gone forever. Come ot think of it, you described most of my days. At least now I have a diagnosis to blame it on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:55 pm

It IS catching ... got back from a trip a couple of weeks ago--had to attend a 2-day conference. Thank God for e-tickets--first I left my boarding pass on plane #1--was still able to board plane #2 because it was an eticket.

Get back to town around midnight. My coworker's husband picks her up while I'm still waiting for my bag (I parked at the airport). FINALLY grab my bag, start the hike to the car (half frozen), get ALMOST there (I think) and I CAN'T FIND MY CAR KEYS. After a frantic several minutes of ripping my purse apart--STILL NO KEYS. And no spare key. Only spare is at the office. Had to call my brother to go to the office, get the spare, and bring it to me at the airport (another 40 minutes). FINALLY got the key. FINALLY found the car (hard to find a silver Taurus in a sea of silver Tauruses at 1 a.m. on a dark night with no "blipper" thingie to make it beep at me). Barely could get in the car because of a huge truck on my side--but squished my way in. Then realized that the parking ticket was WAY UP at the very front of the long, long, long dash. A monkey couldn't have reached the damn thing, much less a short, fat, old broad like me. Had to back the car out (so that I could fully open the door) and find something to try to swipe the ticket out with. That took another 15 minutes. Needless to say, I'd pretty much turned the air blue by then--and my blood pressure was up enough so that I wasn't cold anymore.

I don't know if it's AAADD or SO or a combination of both, but I really wish I could be oblivious sometimes to the fact that my mind is going, going, gone.

SIGH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Selective Obliviosity does not "vs." or compete with anything. It does however, at it's own chosing,serve other things, control other things, or even deny the existance of other things.
Also, when one practices "SO", one is aware of what one is not aware of. This would seem to not be the case with A.A.A.D.D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:28 am

Arlo Fanatic

I had something witty to post here but I had to go to the fridge to get a drink and then I noticed the pop corn and I popped that and well i forgot what it was, but I am sure it was very witty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

You forgot what the popcorn was? It is an edible grain, that was subjected to extreme heat, which expanded the water molecules entrapped within, and subsequently broke through the encasing bran fiber, thereby allowing the carbohydrate pulp of the grain to expand, creating irregular forms that have been found to be edible, and more so when augmented by a coating of lactoid lipids and sodium chloride.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Wyldflower on Dec 04, 2002 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:01 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Damn, Wyld, I love it when you talk dirty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:39 am

Arlo Fanatic

Wyldflower those were my exact words, I mean really, is'nt that witty? But how did you know? I too must agree, you are one hot and wild vixen when you talk dirty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'm just glad you have a name for this. I've had it for years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:16 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I am distressed to have to say this, but now it's even happening to me at work. I was going to my maiilbox to get something (don't ask me what) and I got halfway there and absolutely forgot what I was doing. I had to go back to my desk and think about it again. (I finally went back to my mailbox and got the book I was looking for). This is NOT fun. (But I'm sure everyone is laughing WITH me not AT me, right?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Pat, my guess would be that you were returned to your desk due to insufficient postage. Next time stick a couple of extra stamps to your forehead before you make a trip to the mailbox. And don't forget to mark yourself with a return address so you can find your way back to your desk, just in case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:04 am

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nathen:

Wyldflower those were my exact words, I mean really, is'nt that witty? But how did you know? I too must agree, you are one hot and wild vixen when you talk dirty.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... I knew because I'm psychotic... I mean psychic...

and for your information, I'm a hot and wild vixen even when I don't talk dirty... heehee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:58 am

Arlo Fanatic

Watched the film Grand canyon Mystery tonight, on the Discovery Channel and it was so wonderful, it proved what I already knew, that my dear friend Emory C Kolb did not murder Glen Hyde. Brad Dimock, another friend from Arizona was the star of the film and he had told me before he had the proof but it sure was nice to see it in public.

I called Mr Kolb, Uncle Emory, he was about 90 when I worked for him, but he was always such a gentleman and so very proper, I just hated to hear people speak badly of him since his death in 1976.

Okay so this is the wrong topic, like I care?
I am just doing a little SO of my own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:30 am

gotcha, Nathen, I just posted a response, to a Larry-post, about SO, dated, Nov 1st! proving that one can even be SO, about time!!..relativey speaking... thaat is chapter & verse from my favorite brand of sociology, Ethnomethodology, ( though, Larry thinks I made it up) actually, it was 1st described by UCLA Prof, Harold Garfinkel, Carlos Casteneda's scholastic mentor....

my NorCal keyboard doest like SoFLA humidity, I'm ok w/ it, so far....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:17 pm

Okay, now I know that Bumper is well and truly back ... mispelled "that" (thaat), but is perfect with "ethnomethodology" (which may not even be a real word ... I'll look it up later--lol).