Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:54 am

A couple of us at work a few weeks ago were trying to figure one out....

Well, we've all heard stories of peace demonstrators being attacked and beaten up, right? Well, a few weeks ago there was a war supporter demonstration in Berkeley. And lots of Berkeley residents came out to try and stop the demonstration. But how do you do that?

"Hey, you over there, you bad anti-peace demonstrators! Yeah you! Stop that right now! I mean it - don't make me come over there! If you don't stop, I'll have to shake my finger again. I mean it - I'm not afraid to sing 'Where have all the flowers gone' as many times as it takes!"

I mean....the idea of a bunch of peace activists 'rushing' a war supporter demonstration just seemed....well, funny, at the very least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 11:41 am

roflmao!! some things just don't lend themselves to working the other way around..

edited to say that i don't advocate it either way...just so no one takes that the wrong way.. Image

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by deb on Oct 23, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

were they wearing hard hats, or propeller beanies??? (even worse... moose antlers???)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:43 pm

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Dave on Oct 23, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:57 pm

larry...would you, please, get over here and teach joe how to quote correctly. you're slipping, larry.. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:51 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

dave...i am saying this here because i am curious what other folks think and i dont want to be accused of 'telling you what to do' as we all know that i pull all the strings around here....

but....

i am seriously starting to think that anyone violating and/or abusing the 'quote' option should be issued a warning and then be banned from posting if the warning is not heeded. i, for one, think it is a flagrant violation of use of these boards.

i do not find it amusing to read what someone DID NOT say. if someone wants to say something..then say it..dont 'blame' it on anyone else.

and just for the record..and to keep on topic...i loved your original post!

(this is the first time i read this thread as i stay off the blunder boards for reasons i have already stated.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:58 pm

It's ok Sherry - Joe must have rethought his point of view on a few issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:01 pm

i really, really want to agree with sherry here, but i'm so afraid i'll be accused of group mentality. if i can find the words to do so without sounding anything like sherry, i'll be back with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:44 pm

Like I said, it's ok.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right? Anyone who finds it all right to change someone else's words shouldn't mind someone changing his own, I would think.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deb:

larry...would you, please, get over here and teach joe how to quote correctly. you're slipping, larry.. Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was kinda funny myself! But it was an abuse of the quote thing. There should at least be a disclaimer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 3:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joe bloggs:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm....now that's funny!

I went ahead and removed the text of this quote because I just realized I missed it in my cleanup this morning. I deleted the text because it was not actually what Mr. Bloggs had posted - the quote came from a post of his that had been edited. If you are reading the posts in order, and this doesn't make sense to you, keep reading - the full explanation will come a little later...

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 2 times, lastly by Kim on Oct 25, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 2:22 am

Arlo Fanatic

Congrats Levi. . . .Image

*I thought that Zowie was gone? I've been known to come up with some wierd ( or questionable thoughts and Ideas), but never heard the rant that he mustered. There's such a feeling of hate, that eminates from his logic...

*Was I to believe Star left on his behalf.

Kim, should I start praying to Arlo, or have you lost your fucking mind?...ROTFLMAO..Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 8:37 am

Well, rb, I have far from lost my mind.

If you go back an re-read, my little channeling moment should make a bit more sense now.

I have returned Mr. Bloggs posts to their original state - with the exception of the one where he deliberately edited my words in a quote, making it look like something I didn't say. I had intended to do so from the start, mainly because I hated the idea of confusing folks like you rb. When people go back and change stuff that has been said and that other people have commented on, it can do that. And telling other people that a person said something they didn't really say is a pretty rotten thing to do - I believe in most of the world it is called lying.

At any rate, the point's been made to anyone with some intelligence and reasoning capability. Though I'm sure there are some out there that won't ever get the point. Oh well.

So, if you're so inclined, go back and re-read the first post Joe Bloggs made in this thread (and in the mellodramatic exits thread on topical.) I'm sure a few things will make a little more sense....though perhaps not much more! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 8:43 am

rb..just realized no one answered you. yes, as best we can tell, star left on zowie's behalf...well, that and she didn't like dave's joke.

i just have to say..

i don't know about anyone else, but i've known dave long enough and well enough to know he wouldn't really advocate going around punching anyone out, no matter what their political stance was. if that was the case, we could hardly have remained friends since we often disagree on anything political...and we are still the best of friends.

i think people, who might be bothered by such a joke, should make an attempt to understand that tongue in cheek humor can come in very handy for some people at times like this...it helps relieve the stress that many people are feeling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 10:02 am

Arlo Fanatic

i burnt my draft card from boston to dc...
got beat on the us capitol steps..

and still ended up with two honorable discharges from the army..

but in my heart...i feel the following;

two old ladies
were laying in bed
one rolled over
to the other and said,
I WANNA BE AN AIRBORNE RANGER!
I WANNA LIVE THE LIFE OF DANGER!
RANGER!
DANGER!
DANGER!
RANGER!

peaceniks make the best soldiers!!!

if you can not perceive this paradox...the duality of man...i suggest you don't punch my nose irregardless of my position!

God's speed dear sons and daughters of liberty!

LOSE THE BUSH!!!