Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

Post subject: Clampoon Fun (hehehe)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:13 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I frequently get the urge to be silly so I went through with what I wanted to do at the grocery store, tonight.

They always ask if you found everything you were looking for and usually, when you tell them no and what they didn't have, they just say sorry and go on. Well, that's not what happened, tonight. My son and I had been contemplating this about 2 months when we passed the seafood counter and I spied the clams. :D

I told him I was going to answer them and tell them I couldn't find any clampoons and figured they'd just say sorry. So, tonight, I pulled the trick. But much to my surprise, the cashier started asking the other cashiers and the baggers if they knew where the clampoons were or if they carried them. The next thing I know, they're calling the manager to see if he can help. I am about dying at this point. :lol: :lol:

My son has the ability to keep the straightest face on earth so he just kept running with it, telling them it was for clams, what else? They said they would get on it right away and called the manager over who wanted to know how he could help and if we could tell him what section we thought the clampoons would be in. My son kept playing with all of them and everyone was running around trying to figure out just what in the heck we were asking for. I kept turning around looking at my son and giving him the eye cause eventually, they were going to figure out the whole thing was a joke. Finally, I told them the battery in my car was almost dead and I had to hurry and I'd get back to them.

I can't believe we did it and it caused such a commotion to boot. But boy was it fun. Got home and immediately had to start playing Reuben Clamzo on youtube. I'm still laughing and that was 2 hours ago.

Just had to share. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Nothing wrong with being silly, me and Arlo do it all the time, I actively encourage it.

If not for the Ridiculous, Mundane would Rule Tedium :)

Though playing a singing The Importance of being Idle at full volume while waiting in traffic at 8:15 in the morning as all Arlo's school friends are walking past the car may have repercussions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:07 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

LOL, Beverly!!!

I love being silly but this is actually the first time I ever pulled a joke on an entire grocery store, that I can remember, anyway. With my son carrying on, rolling with it with the straightest face, ever, I couldn't wait to get out of that store before they figured out we were full of it. Hahahahahaha!

OK, you have me on the Importance Of Being Idle so now I have to go hunt that one down. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The Importance of being Idle is an Iconic Oasis Song, you tube it the Vid has Paul Weller in.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:26 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I can't stop listening to Arlo, though. LOL. Today was such fun, being Thanksgiving and all. I'll get to it, though - promise. :wink: