Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

Post subject: Karma Dividends
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Well, life changing amounts of money don't really enlighten your sole or make your life better ( well maybe make some things easier) but essentially just change one set of problems for others.

So when Karma pays you dividend it is the little things that are an extra to what what you have anyhow.

I thought it would be nice to share the extras that come along in the day that you didn't expect and don't take anything back.

The other day I took my mother in law to the local farm shop as they were having a family fun day. In the barn were stalls and we bought a few things, one stall had a few clothes hung on a hay bale and I spotted a dress witch said £10. I had a closer look and during conversation with the stall holder I was told she was selling the last few things off from her fair trade shop which had closed, £3 each. I got four Gecko and Namaste dresses and skirts for £12.

So if you get a little extra share the happiness.

Post subject: Re: Karma Dividends
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

sounds like some pretty finds. so it sounds like you are describing something in the way of gratitude?

i suppose? i guess?

something i thought of, thought was pretty neat. i would volunteer at the school now and again, and this was a second grade class and there was a birthday party. along with some treats, i decided to include some party favors,,,,in this case i decided i would bring enough tumbled stones for each kid to have one. i knew a place where i could get some affordably, and since i myself love these sorts of things, had fun picking out some really pretty ones, and so anyhow, each kid gets one. well it was some time later i happen upon one of the kids and by now he is about 15? 16? i hadda do one of those quick computer age progression (regression?) things in my head while i was looking at him and i am like, oh my goodness, look at you! and he remembered me too, and he reminded me about the stone thing which i had completely forgotten about, and he showed me the stone from out of his pocket! it just surprised me so much and made me laugh! it was a pretty little polished fluorite. anyhow, i just thought of that and thought it was pretty neat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

how nice is that, to think someone has treasured something you gave them as a child for so long.

I am smiling, Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:07 am

Arlo Fanatic

Must have done something good recently,

* found a never worn new version of my favorite 5y old summer dress in the charity shop for £5

* was awarded enough money from my college fund to cover the cost of replacing my lucky dip washing machine when no one else on my course received anything.

* and my MOT was just the amount I was expecting.

it is the little things which make the biggest difference.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Has no one had a good turn recently? I feel like I need to hear nice things, I must have done something to upset my balance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well okay alright,,,,i shared this story with a friend recently…it really made me smile (hello my friend) !

recently while walking about i came across a tuft of purslane at the edge of someone's yard….and knowing that it is a weed, it is easy to figure that just taking some would be okay….still, i thought i would check with the homeowners to ask permission…so anyway, while knocking on the door, i found myself reading what appeared to be a hand painted sign saying something like, if no one answers the door, pull some weeds.  that pretty much seemed like a psychedelic cartoon moment in my head and i thought well you know, maybe i can take that as permission to at least take some, which i did, and leaving some.  
that really did tickle me

but you know, i have trouble with the whole karma concept…i mean, i understand cause and effect (you touch a hot stove and it burns) but i know, anyone can know, to look around you that sometimes bad things can happen to good people….and to subscribe to the thinking that if something bad happens to a person, that they must deserve it? i have trouble with that kind of broad stroke thinking.

but anyhow….hi beverley!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSbLvs5aKKA

but still, i just love this sort of cosmic stuff (thank you, william), and we are after all a bunch of goofy humans, no more, no less, and if we are not in denial of our flaws, and understand that we as humans just have them, we can continue to evolve…that is what i think

edited slightly due to redundancy

Last edited by agnes on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hi agnes,

I don't kind of 'believe' bad things happen because someone/you deserve it... sh*t happens, I just like hearing about the nice things that happen to people. you can call me nosey but I think on it as just sharing the good.

I don't have time to watch your vid, but when I do I am sooo looking forward to catching up. I'm going to have a quick read of the threads and am then going to get some much needed sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

they are calling this full moon a supermoon…..go figure

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:42 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

While it may be true that money won't buy happiness, remember this:

It is much more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle seat!

I don't know that to be 100% true, as I have never sat in a Mercedes, but I have cried on a bicycle seat. Those evil bicycle seats will hit you where you don't want to be hit if you're not real careful! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Pulp wrote:
While it may be true that money won't buy happiness, remember this:

It is much more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle seat!

I don't know that to be 100% true, as I have never sat in a Mercedes, but I have cried on a bicycle seat. Those evil bicycle seats will hit you where you don't want to be hit if you're not real careful! :)

:D

keep smiling, they are as infectious as yawns and just as funny :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well, something good has happened again.

After a long brake in work, (it is still work though I don't get paid) I have another post. ( I don't do nothing very well.)

I have a post at a children's center as a link worker, working with children and their families and to top it off this is something I have wanted to get back into for a while. Some of the family issues can be challenging in more ways than one, but at least in this job I feel as though I am making a difference and really helping someone for the long term.

Bit nervous but looking forward to it. but to balance things out I also start back uni next week and this academic year I have 4 x 4000 and 2 x 2000 essays to complete, if I seem to drop off the face of the earth this will be why.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:49 pm

ArloNetizen

Hi Beverley and Agnes, been reading your views on karma.I do believe in instant karma ,but that it is pretty rare. The longer I'm alive, I can see the pattern of "waiting really really long time" karma. It's not as knock you on your butt in amazement as the instant kind,it's still a peaceful awe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I would take a peaceful aw at this moment Dee.