Forums » Group W Forums » The Blunder Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:30 pm

ArloNetizen

Location: Eastern North America from Key West to points north
Ever start something and then when you go to put letters on a contrasting background have your train of though derail so thoroughly that you enter a nearly catatonic state? I know I have.... :P

So when such a situation occurs what do you find as the tool which best starts the process of discovering a solution? Could it be singing 'Alices Restaurant' or 'The Pickle Song'? Going for a ride on a Motorcycle or Howling at the moon? Does Monty Python's Flying Circus provide hope and guidance; Or do you need a more narrowly focused fixation on the issue at hand?

As for now I'm just going to drift along and see what I can get done by accident, more than by intent. Conversely, I know I'll not go to hell this way, as the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

So what do you do to get over a mental stumbling block and start moving again? Me, I change focus and direction for a while and then slowly drift back towards where I think I'm headed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

SFC_Q wrote:
Ever start something and then when you go to put letters on a contrasting background have your train of though derail so thoroughly that you enter a nearly catatonic state? I know I have.... :P

So when such a situation occurs what do you find as the tool which best starts the process of discovering a solution? Could it be singing 'Alices Restaurant' or 'The Pickle Song'? Going for a ride on a Motorcycle or Howling at the moon? Does Monty Python's Flying Circus provide hope and guidance; Or do you need a more narrowly focused fixation on the issue at hand?

As for now I'm just going to drift along and see what I can get done by accident, more than by intent. Conversely, I know I'll not go to hell this way, as the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

So what do you do to get over a mental stumbling block and start moving again? Me, I change focus and direction for a while and then slowly drift back towards where I think I'm headed.

I wish I had that much clarity.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:09 pm

ArloNetizen

Location: Eastern North America from Key West to points north
Its not clarity its also pretty much the same way I get about in a sail boat. There is where I want to go and there is where I need to go in order to get to where I want to go. Really can't get there too often by following a straight line and even then where is the adventure in taking the shortest routes between points?

To rephrase some words from an old Irish song

It is a long, long way from there to here.

I think even ADG can appreciate the circle of travels he's taken to get back to where he's been.