Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 11:26 am

Arlo Fanatic

WOW … that was a great show last night!!! (I didn’t write down the setlist, so I can’t give you the order of the songs, but I’ll at least give you an idea of how the show went!)

Xavier opened the show with an incredible acapella version of “Nowhere Man”… beautiful! Then they took up their instruments and got things rockin’ with a couple of songs before Arlo came onstage… followed by Sarah Lee and Johnny! He was really thrilled to be able to have them onstage with him last night… (especially since Saturday night, he was doing the Symphonic show in Manchester VT, Xavier was in Burlington VT and Sarah Lee in Wilmington VT, (so there were three separate Guthrie shows on Sat nite in VT!)

So... in no particular order, since I can't remember exactly:

Arlo started off with “Chilling of the Evening” and proceeded through a marvelous set that included “St. James Infirmary” and “All Over the World”. He also did his Dad’s song, “Reuben James” – makes you think real hard about the sacrifices of war.

He also took a few moments to talk about poetry and poets, then recited “Mooses Come a-Walking”… I love that!!!

He gave the floor to Sarah Lee, who did “Big Square Walking” – I loved the banter and teasing between them during the intro… It’s so great to see parents and their kids who have so obviously grown to be friends!

Many more great songs and stories… I wish I had written out the setlist… Oh he also did “This Land is Your Land” The show closed with “Coming into LA”, and an encore that included “City of New Orleans” and a second encore… “The Motorcycle Song”… LOVED IT!!!

As for the fashion report: I didn’t see his socks!!! But Arlo was wearing a tropical shirt with palm trees, and black slacks. Sarah Lee wore black… a beautiful fringed shawl and extra long pants, so couldn’t see her socks… Abe wore a red and tan tropical shirt and black chinos with sneakers… couldn’t see his socks either…LOL…

All-in-all, it was a fantastic experience for a Neophyte Blunderite!

Peace, Love, Music & (((((((HUGS)))))))
~Wyld

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Wyldflower on Jul 23, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 3:42 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Great report Wyldflower! Here's the setlist:

Xavier...

Nowhere Man
Rock My Soul
Last Train
Strangers

Enter Arlo, Sarah and Johnny...

Chilling Of The Evening
Introduction/Country Fence Post Blues
Slow Boat
St. James Infirmary
The Sinking Of The Rueben James
Big Square Walking (Sarah)
Mooses Come Walking
Coming into Los Angeles

Intermission

Ocean Crossing
All Over The World
Darkest Hour
When The Ship Comes In
Gabriel's Mother's Hiway Ballad #16 Blues
In A Young Girl's Mind (Sarah)
Sailing Down This Golden River (Sarah)
This Land Is Your Land
Highway In The Wind

Encore...

Prologue
City Of New Orleans

2nd Encore...

Motorcycle Song

A great night, Arlo and the band really seemed to be having a great time. They were really rocking. Whoever was on the sound board had it cranked, one of the louder Arlo shows I've attended. It was great seeing Ken, Sherry and Mom. Wyldflower, Hope to see you next time.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 2 times, lastly by JohnC on Jul 23, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Great report folks! I hope Xavier does NOWHERE MAN at the Keswick. Hint, Hint! Image