Ocean Crossing
St. James Infirmary
Ring-a-Round the Rosy Rag
When the Ship Comes In
Wake Up Dead
Trouble in Mind
City of New Orleans
Goodnight Irene

1st Encore: opening act Jorma Kaukonen & Michael Falzarano (from Jefferson Airplane & Hot Tuna) join Arlo & Xavier for Bob Dylan 60th birthday tribute

You Ain't Going Nowhere
San Francisco Bay Blues
Mr. Tambourine Man

2nd Encore

Key to the Highway
Will the Circle be Unbroken?

I sure wish I had a tape of that 1st encore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 3:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Good reporting job! Sounds like a great show! What did he wear? If anyone has some pics do send them to Dave for the gallery! Image

He did TROUBLE IN MIND? I've never heard of him doing that one before. Hey ADG you'll have to do that one at the Keswick so we can all hear it! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 3:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oh yeah! I have a 45 single (Little reocrd with the big hole in it.) of TROUBLE IN MIND by DYLAN. It's the flipside of GOTTA SERVE SOMEBODY... Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 8:08 pm

In reply to Arlo's biggest fan:
Arlo wore a black dress shirt and black jacket, with dark-colored blue jeans. From far away, the jeans could have looked black, but I had a good seat.

I, too, own a recording of "Trouble in Mind." It's on Peter & Gordon's first album. I guess this shows my age, and why I knew right away what you meant by "45 single."

I pity the CD generation. None of them will ever see a 45 or experience the surprise of opening up an "Alice's Restaurant" record album and seeing that one song takes up an entire side. CD's may sound better, but vinyl records have more character!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 10:19 pm

A bit off topic, but related to the last post:

I am a product ((no pun intended)) of the cassette/cd generation. In my 18 years, I have seen the progression from cassettes to compact discs. Nevertheless, I am an avid record collector. I have a plethora of albums, from old radio shows to more recent vinyls. I posted so you know that there is still hope and vigor in the vinyl department!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 10:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks for the info! I love the albums! It's nice to look at a nice big picture of the singer! I still have my old 8-tracks like my Stones one! Image After becoming an Arlo fan in 1988, I found & bought an 8-track of OUTLASTING THE BLUES. Pretty cool! I look at CD's to play to keep from meesin your LP up & cassettes for portability but I am sntimental about my old albums & 8-tracks. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 11:13 pm

Interesting to read that Arlo's Biggest Fan became a fan in 1988. I became a fan in 1970 when I saw Arlo sing "The Motorcycle Song" on the Johnny Cash Show. I was 12 years old. I first saw Arlo in concert in 1979. He did most of the songs from the "One Night" album, including "Reuben Clamzo", & he also did the Beatles' "Paperback Writer"--something else I wish I had a tape of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 5:42 am

Arlo Fanatic

That's a neat story of yours! I used to watch the Johnny Cash show sometimes but have no idea if I saw the one with Arlo on it. My hubby Mike saw it & liked it. Strangely he didn't become a fan until I did & I converted him. Image SOunds like a great concert you went to! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 1:23 pm

I, too, converted my spouse to Arloism. She had never heard of him until I took her to see him around 1986. Since then she doesn't want to miss any of his concerts, either.

The lone exception was June 7, 1988. She was 9 months pregnant with our first child. The due date was June 7, but an examination that morning revealed that it would be a few more days. So I went to the concert alone on the spur of the moment. It was at the legendary Graffiti nightclub in Pittsburgh, about 10 blocks from our apartment at the time.

The Graffiti is now closed, & Arlo lives forever in Graffiti lore. There was a famous hole in the roof known for eternity as the "Arlo leak." At this 1988 show, water began to drip on Arlo's head as he sang. He sent somebody to get him a hat. I guess he didn't want to disrupt the microphone placement. He stepped away from the mic & he & and the band played instrumentals until the hat arrived. Arlo did the rest of the show with water dripping on his hat.

I'm flattered that you stayed up until 4:42 just to read my ramblings!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 2:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks for the info! That sounds like a neat show. I was up so late cuz I fell aslkeep across the bed earlier but I enjoy reading about Arlo antime. Image