Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2000 5:49 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dave that must have been a gas meeting Jerry Stiller!!! I love that guy. He kills me on 'King of Queens'. I always LMAO!

**I do a good impression of that charactor. Funny stuff.......I've been into his comedy for yrs. no matter what he did..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2000 6:21 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Enjoying all the reports. Thanks for the info on his black suit & all. Personally I like Arlo any way I can take him, alone with the kids, with Xavier, with Pete... He did sound good at Keswick with Xavier & Sarah & Family & from reading these reports it was mroe of the same. Image

No whineing here on not getting to go. Just telling my hopes & dreams. Maybe we can go on a yr Arlo does no shows anywhere within driving distance of VA. Meanwhile, Ed McMahon owes us 10 million & once he paysd us then we'll have the bread to go. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2000 9:56 pm

My dad was in the same WWII company as Jerry Stiller. We have a now-sepia toned picture of the whole company. We used to pester my dad on what Jerry Stiller was like. He would hunch his shoudlers and say, "I don't know...he had a good appetite, except for Waldorf salad". Whatever that means.

Sounds like it was a great show. I didn't make it. As the saying (sort of) goes, "Next year in Jerusalem...and Carnegie Hall!" Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2000 1:43 pm

I'm glad to hear that Into/Fencepost Blues are in the setlist. They're a coupla my longtime favorites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2000 3:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ditto skai. Unable to attend Keswick or Carnegie, but was sort of taken back when Arlo and Co. pulled this off the shelf. This yrs. Annual Church Concert was filled with such moments. To hear songs off 'Washington County' and 'Someday' was a new twist, and I hope this continues in future setlist. Thier is this 'huge' catelog of music out thier, and I think it needs disecting.

**songs I'd like to hear in the future.
1. Side 2 of Wash Co.
2.Nostalgia Rag (takes on a whole new meaning in todays world)
3. John Looked Down
4. Standing at the Threshold
5. Wouldn't you believe It.........?...Image

*As far as 'Xavier' backing Arlo, I think it's great. If I can close my eyes, and it sounds studio, that's some damn good musicians. So the story's are a bonus!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 8:15 pm

Anyone have a complete tape of Carnegie?
I taped it but missed three songs due to a battery problem with my machine.
BSORocks@yahoo.com