City of New Orleans
In a Young Girls Mind - Sarah
Motorcycle Song
This Land is Your Land

Encore:

Doors to Heaven
Good Night Irene

Off to Baltimore! More later.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Message edited by JohnC on May 17, 2000 @ 08:57 AM ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 8:39 pm

what john said...great to see everyone!! great show, great friends, great time... thanks to larry, the forever boyscout, for the tailgate goodies in the parking lot. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img] thanks to deb smith for making sure we could find our way back to the highway. anyone that has not had the "pleasure" of trying to navigate the maze of roads in metro new jersey should get down on their knees in thanks.

a correction on the set list...gamblers blues was a josh white song, "st. james infirmary". no worries, john..i didn't know it either..pat and deb smith did, though.

congrats to dave and arlonet on the ticket sales for this gig. we found out from the box office folks that they sold more tickets to people finding out about the gig from arlonet than they did from all their local advertising!

of course, thanks to arlo, abe and sarah for a wonderful show! glad you made it, abe. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 9:58 pm

opps..forgot the fashion report for cheryl. arlo...in black..white socks..i double checked after the gig, cheryl..both white. [img]/ubb/smilies/wink.gif[/img] abe..black shirt, jeans..i didn't check his socks. sarah..gray..long skirt and top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 10:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I guess I'm just seconding..(thirding?) the motion. I was a really, really nice show, great company and a good time. It was great to see everyone and also very nice to meet Lisa and Roy for the first time. And very nice to spend some time with Larry's blunderspouse, Linda, who we don't get to see that often. The show was wonderful. We stayed for Alice..well..we kind of had to, but we feel we should get credit for staying anyway. Arlo's rendition of Mooses was especially inspired, adding new depth of emotion to opus, we all thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 10:19 pm

yeah, pat..i think we should get credit for staying. i have to admit it was interesting...been a long time since i've heard it without the sound of toilets flushing in the background. [img]/ubb/smilies/laugh.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 1:19 am

Hi everybody ! It was so nice to meet everyone at the show,made the concert even better !Roy and I had a great night,I'm still on an Arlo high ..lol.We hope to see everyone real soon at another show...next time Roy will bring his own guitar ![img]/ubb/smilies/round.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 10:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

Great show all around! I think deb and pat are rubbing off on Linda, she had to make a trip to the powder room during Alice![img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Arlo and family were in real good form, and their harmonies get better all the time.
Can't wait for the next one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 10:53 am

way to go, linda! LOL i really enjoyed having some time to spend with her, larry..you need to make sure she comes more often. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img] lisa...it was real nice to meet you and roy, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 12:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

sounds like you folks had a really nice blunder! I was definitely with you all in spirit that day, since I KNOW I felt a real strong urge to run to the bathroom that evening!!!!! [img]/ubb/smilies/laugh.gif[/img]

tell linda I'm sorry I missed the rare event!!!

Did anyone manage to get into the city and see Xavier at the Seaport?? We were too beat to move by saturday afternoon, having run to plant all our flowers while the sun was still shinin'!!! (oh my achin' back!!!!) [img]/ubb/smilies/dead.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 12:55 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Thanks for the correction Deb. When I heard the song St. James Infirmary did seem like a likely title, but then so did Gambler's Blues.Great number either way, thanks for helping me get it right.

Again it was a great night, seeing all the old faces and a few new ones too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 12:58 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Thanks for the correction Deb. When I heard the song St. James Infirmary did seem like a likely title, but then so did Gambler's Blues. Great number either way, thanks for helping me get it right.

Again it was a great night, seeing all the old faces and a few new ones too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 1:28 pm

john...i had a couple of likely names down, and one of them was gambler blues. LOL i was going to check sing out when i got home, but pat and deb rushed to my rescue. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

arnie..you could have made them both, you know...abe did. [img]/ubb/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 4:54 pm

ArloNetizen

Lisa,if Roy brings his own guitar, what will Larry do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 5:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Well, Larry's still got the Guiness and water concessions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 6:01 pm

Hmmm..maybe he can line up the empty Guiness bottles and play them with a spoon,I'll bring my Kazoo and we'll have a heck of a jam session..maybe we can even scrounge up a cow bell and a triangle ! [img]/ubb/smilies/round.gif[/img]