Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2000 4:57 am

great show and great stories...
arlo, abe and sarah..
my wife, my 1 year old daughter and i had a terrific time listening to arlo and family sing and hearing great stories. afterwards we were able to chat with arlo and have our moose book signed for our daughter.
-played alice's..coming in to l.a...city of new orleans...wake up dead...rueben...ring around rag...soldier...
sarah sang the beautiful orphan girl...

two very long sets...

what a magical night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2000 6:29 am

Arlo Fanatic

I think we saw you with AR! We had a great time didn't we? Thanks for the set list. SInce I already wrote a details one, hope you don't mind me sharing it here. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

CAROLINA THEATER, GREENSBORO, NC MARCH 10, 2000 SET LIST & SHOW REPORT:

A beautiful old antique theater from the old timey days where they still play movies as well as have concerts.

Blunderites in Attendance: Petie & Martha, Sue & her daughter, Nathan & Becky, Blunderite Man from NC who goes to alot of Arlos shows, Sherry & Ken, Cheryl & Mike Harrell That's us!)...

Outfit: Black Suit, black dress shirt

Socks: Left foot-- white sock
Right foot-- Blue sock (We'll assume since he didn't wear red socks that it was another Arlo clone!) [img]/ubb/smilies/laugh.gif[/img]

Sarah & Abe were performing with him...

No opening act...

SPECIAL NOTE: Despite rumors of this being a Symphony show, this was NOT a Symphony show...

Show was sold out!

Set list:

Chilling Of The Evening

House Of The Rising Sun

Alice's Restaurant (YIPPEE! It's his theme song when he comes there!)

Tunes his guitar...

When A Soldier Makes It Home

Sarah comes out to join Arlo & Abe (Abes on keyboards)...

Rueben James (with the kids)

Hoyt Axton Song: In A Young Girls Mind (Sarah on lead vocals)

Keys To The Highway

He goes to the Keyboard to do his next song. Someone's cell phone starts ringing & Arlo jokes about it. By weird coincidence his next song is:

Telephone

Intermission...

City Of New Orleans

Pete Seeger Story...

Story About Him Being On The Muppet Show...

Sailing Down My Golden River
Song was continued...

Woody Guthrie Cowboy Song Story.

Woody's "Get Along Little Doggies"

Stops in middle of song & tells Cow story...

Tells WOODSTOCK story...

Coming Into Los Angeles (Done on 12 string guitar)

Tells story of going with MA to visit patients in the hospital.

Tells the story of how they visited Jack Daniels in the hospital who turned out to be a fan.

Wake Up Dead

Someone asks Arlo to do "I Don't Wanna Pickle". Another persons yells out a request for DO RE MI...

Motorcycle Song-- Plus accompanying story...

Ring A Round Rosey Rag plus the story of the song...

Stops to tell about it being an unintentional rip off of Steven Fosters SWANNEE RIVER song...

Finishes Ring Around the Rosey Rag...

Tells the story of doing a promo ad for radio for one of his records & imitating Dylan & record CO didn't like it.

Tells the story of his song The Power Of Love.

Sara talks & introduces her song...

Sarah does Orphan Girl accompanied by Arlo & Abe...

Amazing Grace with John Newton story & Moses story

This Land Is Your Land. Stops to tell story of his Mom going to China & them singing it there.

Continues song.

Standing Ovation...

Encore:

Doors Of Heaven

Goodnite Irene (he stopped the song to tell a story. Also tells folks to check out ARLONET)

Seems to me he might've done "I Don't Wanna Pickle" but I sure don't have it written down. (According to the post above he did do Pickle & stopped during the song to tell a story never finishing it. My memory is short! LOL!)

A standing ovation was held for our star! [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Message edited by Cheryl Harrell on Mar 17, 2000 @ 02:09 PM ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2000 10:38 am

sounds like another wonderful show! thanks to cloudhaven and cheryl for the reports!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2000 1:42 pm

Damn, but I am glad Cheryl was at the show to tell me what I saw and heard, I was to busy having fun to notice,,,I watched for Sherry to make a bathroom exit during Alice's, but she stayed in her seat, guess she needs to drink more water,(also she only gave me a little hug and no cookies, I ought to get some sort of a refund) Fell in Love with Sarah, she has talent and is as cute as a bug, The whole family is great, Becky and Nikki loved the show and had their copy of Mooses comes Walking signed by Arlo and the kids....We got home at 4 AM and I got up at 9 to take a civil service test, I only got 97 on it, so I guess I was tired.
But this is a show report and here it is in a word, <FONT COLOR="red">wonderful</FONT c>

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Message edited by Nathen on Mar 11, 2000 @ 09:33 PM ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2000 3:26 pm

i wanted to mention this also about the carolina show...
i called at 4:55 on friday, and asked if there were any time tickets left. the young lady answered, yes, we just had 4 released by the arlo people. another words, these were reserved for arlo and friends/family. i bought 2 of those tickets. they ended up being 3rd row on the right. a wonderful view and great timing...
-another magical moment from yesterday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2000 11:09 pm

I was at the Greensboro show March 10, I'll tell you right now, it won't be long before Sarah absolutly takes off and becomes a mega star! Abe is fantastic on the keys! Arlo is very smooth and makes everyone feel good about how old they really are! But, Sarah stole the show!

Marty the Mailman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2000 1:26 am

Arlo Fanatic

We were there last nite & yes they all did a fine show! Kudos to the singing Guthries for giving me the BEST nite I've had all year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2000 7:19 pm

BlunderVirgin

Yep, we were there and it was one GREAT show. Abe was really hot on keyboards on Key to the Highway, and a couple of others. And I agree that Sarah is on the way to great things - she was wonderful! I especially enjoyed Orphan Girl...

And of course Arlo did his usual magic! It was a fantastic experience!

It was good to meet Nathan, Becky and Nikki, and to see Sue & daughter and Cheryl & Mike. It was a most welcome surprise to see Ken & Sherry and Dan & Donna - although I guess it should never be a surprise to find that group at any Arlo show, anywhere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 4:51 am

Arlo Fanatic

You're right! We all had fun & it was a great nite! Yeah, Sherry & Donna & Dan are liable to pop up at any gigs. Looks like they get to travel furthur than we do to go see Arlo. Wish I could travel that far to see him. It would be nice! It was a nite of good music & good people & of course Arlo! [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 3:02 am

i didnt notice anyone taping the show. i kinda spoke with the sound guy afterwards and he didnt allow anyone to record a 'soundboard'...i wanted to get a copy of my daughters first show...where is a good place to look for such a tape?

thanks, john cloud
moose@cloudhaven.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 3:46 am

Arlo Fanatic

I like Hank is, am an Arlo taper. I tape all the Arlo shows I go to. They are history on audio cassette & my copy may well be the only one in existance.

I didn't realize they didn't allow soundboards at the Carolina Theatre. I've never tried soundboard taping cuz alot of places don't dig ya taping so I go undercover & sneak to tape. I did tape this Carolina Theatre Show. The sound quality is probably not the greatest cuz I had the tape deck hid in my purse. But I guess it's better than nothing. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img] If you want a tape of it & no one else has a better copy for ya. I could copy it on to some tapes for ya. You'd just send me 2 90 minute tapes to tape it on as I used 2 90 minute tapes to tape it on.

Right now I need a copy of Arlo's Cary, NC show from June 1999 as when I tried to tape it my batteries in the tape deck died. Yuck! [img]/ubb/smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, I archived it & it was a wonderful nite! Peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2000 11:14 am

What a wonderful evening that was. My friend who accompanied me wasn't all that familiar with Arlo's music, but she came away a convert.

Sarah was certainly a pleasant and welcome surprise. Now, there's a talent waiting to explode all over the place.

Cheryll, you're right Arlo did start in on the pickle song, but he got sidetracked on one of his stories and moved on to a different song. But that ain't necessarily a bad thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2000 1:22 pm

Hey it's been a week since the concert and the glow is still on, so it must have been a great show, Arlo is the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2000 4:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah, E-man & Nathen are right. I forgot to write down about him being sidetracked during the Pickle song. He's done that before at other gigs so that was nothing new to me. [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img] It makes for an interesting show! I can't believe it's been a week! Already I'm ready for Baltimore, MD! Seems kinda lonely without Uncle Arlo around. Hope he comes back to Greensboro, NC next yr! [img]/ubb/smilies/smile.gif[/img]