Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

Post subject: Newark Ohio show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 am

BlunderVirgin

Really looking forward to seeing Arlo tonight (2/19/13) in Newark at the Midland. Getting hooked on this place. Easy parking, usually great seats and just the all over feel. Probably comes from hanging out here in the 50's watching movies with my brother and sister. Thanks for all the set lists here, don't know how you can remember it all. Last time he was here 2 years ago with The Burns Sisters and group it was great and I hope tonight the solo set will be just as good. Taking our 24 year old son to share one of our favorites. After all we went to Green Day a few times with him!

Post subject: Re: Newark Ohio show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

melreejr wrote:
Really looking forward to seeing Arlo tonight (2/19/13) in Newark at the Midland. Getting hooked on this place. Easy parking, usually great seats and just the all over feel. Probably comes from hanging out here in the 50's watching movies with my brother and sister. Thanks for all the set lists here, don't know how you can remember it all. Last time he was here 2 years ago with The Burns Sisters and group it was great and I hope tonight the solo set will be just as good. Taking our 24 year old son to share one of our favorites. After all we went to Green Day a few times with him!

ENJOY! I am up North in Kent. I saw both shows and it is just as good! You will love it. I have yet to see Arlo give less than 100%. I don't know if the snow is supposed to hit down there, but if so be careful!

Post subject: Re: Newark Ohio show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wish I could've gone. I have a niece who lives near there in Homer, OH. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 am

BlunderVirgin

It was cold, windy and snowy but Arlo warmed things up very good last night. We even picked up some Arlo Gutrhrie's Exotic Crushed Hot Peppers that should really heat things up in the future for us. The songs he played pretty much matched the lists I saw posted here recently. Simple stage setup with a stool and a contraption that held 5 guitars to pick from with a piano right there to. Our hard core punk son liked it from start to finish with Alabama Bound by Leadbelly his favorite. Guess Australia by way of Hawaii is next on the tour. He can come back to Newark anytime he wants.