Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

Post subject: Carnegie Hall
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:45 am

ArloNetizen

Every year we go to the Carnegie Hall show, and every year I think it was the best show ever. Seeing Pete back on the Carnegie Hall stage last year was a real treat, but this year's show easily tops every other show---really.

It was such a great pleasure to see and hear how the kids and grandkids have grown, each one with his or her own personality and voice.

There were so many standout moments...impossible to list them all. But a few (for me) were, Abe's keyboard solo during Coming into Los Angeles--always one of my favorite songs. Annie's Lullaby--what a beautiful, bluesy voice she has. Krishna's song--he's a talented musician already, with a really unique and emotional voice. Cathy's humor and style, and of course, Sarah Lee and Johnny, who with each passing year grow into a more cohesive unit--incredible entertainers, and talented songwriters. A real pleasure to hear them. Sarah Lee's song, Daddy's Shoes was really beautiful and touching--a children's song for adults. And yes, Sarah Lee, you fit in your Daddy's shoes very well!

And of course, Arlo...proud father and grandfather, following in the steps of his father and leading the flock--inspiring everyone to sing loud so that people can hear you.
Thank you all for another incredible evening!

XXOO
hrg

Post subject: Re: Carnegie Hall
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Thanks for the report. I went last year, but wasn't able to go this year -- I'll see the show at the Birchmere in February. There's a video up now of the "Take me to Show and Tell" song on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqWCjw4FtVM

along with the news that there are plans to turn the tour into a DVD.