Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Folksinger Spottings » Archives

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

xm is, of course, available for a price. It's satellite radio that you can get through very cheap and even free satellite receivers or over the Internet, with a monthly payment. I pay for it to get AirAmerica (not available in our regular radio market) and some good folk channels. http://www.xmradio.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

It's a satellite radio service sort of like Sirius. Sirius is availabel on Dish Network but XM is available on Directv. You can also buy special satellite receivers for picking up XM or Sirius but you have to pay a subscription free to get it on those. Hope this helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Got into my car tonight just in time to catch the end of "Prairie Home Companion" on the radio.... and heard Arlo reciting "Mooses Come Walking"....

This week's Prairie Home Companion is a compilation of songs and stories for the young'uns... check www.npr.org to find out when it's on your public radio station. (I'll get to listen again tomorrow at noontime!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:51 pm

ArloNetizen

I heard it today. Followed along with the book. Was fun to hear him recite it :) Then Arlo sang Oklahoma Hills. Great combination!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hope to check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:58 am

Arlo Fanatic

They have an inderpendant radio station in Richmond 97.3. I've come across them flipping dials on the radio & most of the time they play this crazy new rock stuff. So I don't listen to them when they are playing that stuff. Sometimes flipping dials on the radio I've come across them playing folk & bluegrass so I'll listen sometimes when they are playing the folks & bluegrass. The other nite while in Richmond I was flipping dials on the radio & came across one of their folk shows & tuned in. They played Arlos version of Coming Into LA that is on the Woodstock album. You never hear that version on the radio...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:45 am

Arlo Fanatic

Today--NOW, KID--Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie on XM Radio channel 2, looks like it's all day again. They have a free trial again, so come up with a different e-mail address than you used last time, and plug in. Channel 2 at http://www.xmradio.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:23 pm

ArloNetizen

Been listening to the Pete Seeger/Arlo broadcast all day on XM . Each segment has been repeated several times. I think my co-workers are about ready to cut my speaker wires. Today was the first time I've heard Arlo's Woodstock story. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:33 pm

I had the chance to catch arlo's concert last night 04/17/08 at Royce Hall in Los Angeles CA. I had a great time at the show and have video fan reviews and a interview with Arlo him self posted at my web site www.youtellconcerts.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
I saw your videos of Arlo's interview and the comments from people after Arlo's show posted on youtube.com. The interviews were awesome and Arlo was funny as usual:) Thanks for posting the link!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:36 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

thanks so much for those videos....great website idea...
Arlo-glow sure looks familiar....
can't wait to be there again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:49 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Sweet...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

youtellconcerts wrote:
I had the chance to catch arlo's concert last night 04/17/08 at Royce Hall in Los Angeles CA. I had a great time at the show and have video fan reviews and a interview with Arlo him self posted at my web site www.youtellconcerts.com

Nice job. I see from the interview that Arlo was his own worst critic!( he was funnin' of course) But adg, just for shits and giggles, if you get the chance, could you teach that skill to George W.( but not the just funnin' part) ? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Just now, at the end of tonight's show, Jon Stewart asked Bill Moyers whether he is optimistic about our future as a democracy. Bill replied, "Arlo Guthrie has this song ... it's called 'Patriot's Dream,' and he says it's up to us to rekindle the patriots' dream."

8)

Comedy Channel replays The Daily Show the following evening at 8 p.m. Eastern, 7 Central, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I missed last night's show, but will get it tonight...

sitting here listening to Sirius radio (via internet) station Sirius Disorder, and Vin Scelsa comes on at noon with Idiot's Delight (his tm show).
Anyway, as part of the opening montage, apparently Vin has some clips of Arlo, and one of them refers to the assemblage (for the ID show) as a Mixed Bag of Nuts... (he used to call his show Mixed Bag years ago before morphing it to Idiots Delight)

arlo just has a way of popping up when you least expect him...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.