Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Folksinger Spottings » Miscellaneous Arlo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:51 am

Arlo Fanatic

Greetings blunderfriends from a motel room on the outskirts of Ashville, N.C.!, where I'm having a bit of trouble with the internet, but when I'm up here high in the mountains technological blips just drift away and mingle with the smokey mists of these hills and hollers.
We,re taking the scenic route back to Tallassee after spending a gloriously blunderful weekend in Jonesborough, Tenn. attending the National Storytelling Festival.
I am pregnant (I feel confident that certain blunderites will take advantage of my word choice to hit one out of the park.....you're very welcome!!!) with stories of my own about the experience, but I have been entrusted by John McCutcheon to relay a very warm and special hello to Arlo from him. He is an incredible singer/songwriter/storyteller and a very interesting man to chat with. He ended his last set of the festival with "This Land is Your Land", and made certain that all in attendence heard and learned the not-very-well-known verses that Woody took Arlo out to the backyard to learn so many legendary years ago!!!!! I felt very at home, and wished all of you could have been there with me.
And on what I believe to be an extremely positive side note: while wandering about these beautiful, stubbornly "red" states, we have been pleasantly surprised to notice the multitudes of Obama yard signs and bumper stickers, and to overhear serious conversations favoring him in the local diners, not to mention all of the wonderful comments that came our way due to the Arlo Guthrie stickers displayed prominently on the rear window of my truck!!!!!
Will see you all in a couple days when I return home (the weather is perfect so I'm taking my sweet time).
Peace and Love to everyone, Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds like you had a fun time. Thurs we head for a reunion in KY & come home the following Thursday. That Wed we'll get togehter with Jerry Falwell's neighbor & her hubby & have dinner. She cook's good spaghetti & her hubby loves Arlo. Should be a fun trip... :)