Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Folksinger Spottings » Miscellaneous Arlo

Post subject: can somebody explain
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I mean I know its a sort of re-inactment from the album cover but whats really going on here and why does Arlo appear to be behind glass?
http://family.webshots.com/photo/135469 ... 9538ZbFmKu

http://family.webshots.com/photo/135468 ... 9538qhhOyI

http://family.webshots.com/photo/135469 ... 9538sNgkrZ

Post subject: Re: can somebody explain
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Not a re-enactment, it's just dinner...at the church, before a concert. Back view from inside the kitchen, front view from outside the window. It's the only place in the kitchen with a table and chair.
I vote for leaving him alone and letting him eat in peace!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

ah ok so he was just enjoying the view and or the food at the only table avalibale when somebody snapped some pictures.
yep I'd vote for letting him eat in peace too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It was breakfast for everyone... at The Church the morning of the HD walk several years ago. Arlo sat there on purpose for the photo op. Folks outside thought it was terrific.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Terrie wrote:
It was breakfast for everyone... at The Church the morning of the HD walk several years ago. Arlo sat there on purpose for the photo op. Folks outside thought it was terrific.

awwwww what a guy :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

1purpledragon wrote:
Terrie wrote:

The first time I'd seen that table setup, I couldn't figure it out... after all, it looked familiar. Stupid me! I actually ASKED him what the significance was. So a few years later when he sat there and "posed" I couldn't resist getting the shots. Later I was told it was poor judgment on my part. Looking back, it probably was. I'm sorry if my shots offended anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:37 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Terrie wrote:
1purpledragon wrote:
Terrie wrote:

The first time I'd seen that table setup, I couldn't figure it out... after all, it looked familiar. Stupid me! I actually ASKED him what the significance was. So a few years later when he sat there and "posed" I couldn't resist getting the shots. Later I was told it was poor judgment on my part. Looking back, it probably was. I'm sorry if my shots offended anyone.

I can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't offened, just curious as to what was going on.
I hope I didn't stir up any trouble that was not my intention at all. forgive me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:42 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I really like the first one. Doesn't look posed at all. Him watching the person outside walk by. I enjoyed all of them. It's going to be a while before I can make my way up there, so I really enjoy the inside shots.
Some comments as to who's who would have been nice for this new Blunderite.

I couldn't have taken the photos, but I'm glad someone did. I'm really not a groupie type person. I have been around quite a few famous folk, but never walked away with an autograph. I always try to put myself in their position. I know they are use to it (and don't they say...when they stop asking, that's when you need to worry? LoL) but it's just not me. On the downside, I miss out on a lot of stuff! :?

If they notice me and say something...great!
Naomi Judd said hi to me once when she walked by me. Was a bit strange. I saw her coming and as she got closer...she looked me up and down. I had never been ogled by a star before :D Not to mention, one of the same gender! 8) I have really long hair..I imagine that's what caught her attention.

I bow to all you Arlo hand shakers and wish I was more like you! :wink:

I'm a bit confused though. If Arlo was indeed sitting there posing for a photo-op, then you shouldn't have been told it was poor judgement. Had you just burst in and snapped him and his scrambled eggs and bailed, then yeah.....the man should have been left to enjoy his huevos peacefully! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:51 am

Arlo Fanatic

Stephanie wrote:
... I'm really not a groupie type person.... I always try to put myself in their position. ... If they notice me and say something...great!

I'm with you, Stephanie. I'll chat with Arlo when he says something first or if it's just a natural part of volunteering at the church, and always when he's doing meet-and-greets (sometimes you can get a hug!) or otherwise is inviting conversation. But when people bug him and are generally obnoxious and you can tell he's being polite but frustrated, it just frosts me that they can't see that and leave the man alone!

One memorable time (for me) was in New Orleans late at night in December after the Katrina benefit at Tipitina's. The bus was parked at the curb, and we were on the sidewalk talking with Cathy Guthrie; no one else around. Arlo came out and was talking with us; just casual; lots of pauses and very low-key, and here came a guy, bugging Arlo and making a big deal. Arlo said it was time to go and went back in the bus. The guy eventually moved on, Arlo came out again, and here came the guy again. Arlo went back in the bus, the guy finally left for good, and then Arlo came back out and we had more fun standin' on the sidewalk there, smoking cigareets and playing with the pencils. Arlo may never know my name, but I'll be damned if I'm going to force my presence on him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:43 am

Senior ArloNetizen

What a great memory...except for the bug!

Had to be rough from your angle as well as his.
Wishing you could throw open your blouse to reveal an undershirt that says SECURITY and bid him "Thank you, Sir...and Good Night!" :D

Kind of creepy that he came back. Means he was watching from a distance. I'm guessing that happens a lot to Folkslingers!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I wonder what it's like to eat breakfast one morning, and years later people are still talkin' about it? Eric Clapton said the thing he hated most about being famous was being polite when he didn't want to be.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

nortonkevin wrote:
I wonder what it's like to eat breakfast one morning, and years later people are still talkin' about it? Eric Clapton said the thing he hated most about being famous was being polite when he didn't want to be.

ROTF! Really funny when you look at it that way!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:16 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

good one Kevin, I imagine most artists feel that way from time to time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:14 am

Senior ArloNetizen

"Remember those eggs I had 9 years ago last Friday?? Those were some damn good eggs! I recall the steak...'twas medium well, minimal fat and aromatically bovine! "

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday!