Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Folksinger Spottings » Arlo Pictures

Post subject: Arlo and Fans
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:22 am

BlunderVirgin

I've read many times both here and on his many Facebook sites, that Arlo is so genuine and kind-hearted towards his fans.

Since I have always wanted to meet him, I hung around after he finished his Meditation session at the Church on Monday morning, this past May 27th, hoping to get my chance.
Attachment:
File comment: At the Guthrie Center Revival Weekend, May 2014
IMG_4614 - Copyresize.jpg
IMG_4614 - Copyresize.jpg [ 32.84 KiB | Viewed 15327 times ]
I'd been at the show the night before with a friend and she'd already left that morning, so I had all the time in the world. I figured, hey, Arlo's a folk singer/songwriter, and I'm a folksinger/songwriter, so I had a copy of my band, The Troubles, new CD of original music that I wanted to give him. There were so many other folks who had the same plan to meet him so it took a while, but I am a very patient person (nurse by day) so finally, it was my turn...

Blundervirgin though I am, I am a pretty outspoken person and not usually at a loss for words, but I moved up to Arlo, and couldn't do anything but stammer, "Arlo, my name's Loretta and I'm a life long fan." :oops: ARRRGH!! But he was so gracious, took my hand and the CD, looked me right in the eyes and gave me the biggest smile. I managed to finally spit out that the CD was by my band and the songs were all original folk music written by me about the coal mining area that I hail from...and I wanted him to have it. He said "Thank you so much!" as if I were giving him something important. By then, I couldn't breathe :shock: anyway and I didn't want to take up any more of his time (there were lots of other fans waiting) so I backed away slowly.

Sadly, I was by myself - so there was no one to take a photo of me meeting Arlo :cry: - but I will always have this beautiful memory. I did take lots of pictures over the two day period including this picture of him with one of his fans, surrounded by many others. For a star of his magnitude to be so accessible to his followers, was absolutely the sweetest, most loving thing I've ever seen a performer do for his fans. Arlo Guthrie is not just the best folk singer in the world. He has a beautiful soul.
Attachment:
File comment: Arlo and fans at the Church
IMG_4661resize.jpg
IMG_4661resize.jpg [ 32.9 KiB | Viewed 15327 times ]

Post subject: Re: Arlo and Fans
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

He is the real deal. Next time ask someone to take a picture with your camera for you. Anyone would say, "Sure!"

Post subject: Re: Arlo and Fans
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yes, he is a sweet guy. And a real legend. :)