Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Tablature » Name (Or Play) That Tune

Forum rules

Before posting here - please check to make sure the song is not in the main Tablature forum. If it is, just add a reply over there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

Tx for the tip Kevin> as I'm gonna do just that this a.m. have allot of domestic shit to do. Kitchen, garbage.... ( tons of garbage ) to clean up, after the racoons and the skunks have they're way with it.. Been too busy to remember to leave it out for the trashman.....

ntm: my Pioneer equipment is in my room, so stuck listening to the internet.

In my quest of being, alone, alive & just me, I've taken on something I should of been tuned into a very long time ago. I've always been a freak on Woody, but recently have found out, I've never really put his ideals to use in my own life. Oh I'm not a young Bob Dylan and strive to be JUST like Woody. But I do think he's a good role model in world, that sucks. ( as his son puts it )(world that sucks part)

And the way I see it. We're born alone, we die alone, and we live allot of our lives alone. And if your better 1/2 or your friends, leave ya, take advantage of ya...

NOT TO WORRY... Just like a women, or anything else that strays. Sooner or later it comes back to ya..... Just like a rubber band. It always snaps back. There's not too much of anything that can stretch it out... ( life that is )

CAn't wait to get his work done, as I'm jammin with an old friend of mine. We used to be at odds, as he was in love with my first wife, and ended up living with her for 5 yrs. ( till she did what she did to me and F**cked him up royal ) So we're laughin, comparing ourselves to that 'Harrison, Clapton' song LayLa.... Not that we're the famous musician types, but you aint gotta be famous. Me if I were famous, I'd be dead allready. Fame isn't all what it's cracked up to be.... Too many dead junkies will agree.

And that's my thought for the day. enought procrastinating, it's off to the kitchen, and baggin up Garbage....

Appropriate enough, topic I suppose. Garbage....

Tx again Kev, as I'll try out that station, add some Arlo, Keith Richards, and Eric Clapton.... Along with Woody. If I can find him...? :arrow: :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

Baggin up garbage? Don't forget your red vw microbus. :) Couldn't resist lol...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:02 am

Arlo Fanatic

Tx again Kevin for the online radio station. I was listening to Woody as a key artist and heard allot of great folk music. Some I've heard on the village, but some artist I've never heard. Anne Laube is ausome, singing "Outta my Head... ntm: I heard a song off from Caroline Kenendy's album she's put out? or was responcible for called "A Patriots Songbook".

I realize Arlo recorded this on 20 grow big songs? ( correct me if i'm wrong".... But it it's Woody singing This Land is Your Land.... And I thought, MAN< > Noboby sings 'This Land is Your Land" better than the guy who penned it. But the musical arrangement, and the guitar was a lil more elaborate, that just Woody.... Then I heard Arlo Singing with Woody, and all these voices, and inimatatable guitar playing only Arlo can do so well.... It made me realize that 20 big grow song ( or whatever Album it was I just never got around to purchacing ) was so priceless...

To hear Arlo play and sing with his Dad, was aue inspiriring... ( major sp ck ) Doing some research butta gotta have this on C.D.

I always have 'This Land is Your Land on My setlist" .. and the boys always enjoy playing it. It's a fun song. I always get stuck singing lead as no-one can remember the lyrics but me. but it's such a magical #..... Diamond Deserts, wheat fields waving... the poetry, is like a walking talking, genious, with allot to say, and so much to admire.

PRICELESS

Sincerely/ RB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Isn't the "Pandora Genome Project" cool? It's the best music broadcasting idea to come down the pike in awhile. You start with what you know you like, it throws related stuff at you that you've never heard of, or forgotten about, and if it starts going somewhere you don't want to go you can click "don't like" and it gets back on track, but not necessarily the the same track you were on before......the concept and process is very organic. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:31 am

BlunderVirgin

Nothing like necro'ing a dead thread...

Listening to Arlo play Freight Train on the Falcon Ridge tape, I've figured that he's capo'd up two and so plays it in D, but what I can't figure out for love nor money is the tab coming out of the E7 (F#7) into the F (G). I've looked a brazillion versions of this on Youtube but I can't find anyone who plays it like Arlo. Help?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

Da Lurch wrote:
I've looked a brazillion versions of this on Youtube but I can't find anyone who plays it like Arlo.

You won't, either.As a matter of course I've been wonderin' the same thing. Perhaps the Folkslinger could enlighten us as to what the heck he's doin' (that cool walk-up) in-between the E and the F..........? :?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:06 am

BlunderVirgin

I'll grovel if you think that'd help...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

I'd just try gentle persistence...... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:39 am

ArloNetizen

Here are two links to Freight Train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGKN_5YzDgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-0egwheBJY