Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Happy New Year 2023!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:28 pm

The Folkslinger

With less than week left of 2022, it's time to get into the spirit of 2023. While there will no doubt, lots of year in review kind of things will happen shortly. But, for me there's not a whole lot of looking back - Maybe over the last 50 years, but not much this last year. Although covid is still with us, most have moved beyond worrying about it too much. There are sensible means available to mitigate it. Masks are no longer a hot topic, some people wear 'em, and some don't. Aside from covid there's things like the flu where protection makes sense. It's not so political anymore. It was never a political thing for me. It was just common sense.

2023 would be better if more people just used common sense, but for that to happen, the sense has to be common. I remember a time long ago when long hair for men or even mustaches, side burns etc. was a hot topic. We've moved on and now there's a kind of whatever makes you happy attitude - common. We'll see what happens. Many things are really important - until they're not.

With that thought in mind, I wish everyone reading this an important, happy and healthy new year! So far, so good. :)

Post subject: Re: Happy New Year 2023!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
With less than week left of 2022, it's time to get into the spirit of 2023. While there will no doubt, lots of year in review kind of things will happen shortly. But, for me there's not a whole lot of looking back - Maybe over the last 50 years, but not much this last year. Although covid is still with us, most have moved beyond worrying about it too much. There are sensible means available to mitigate it. Masks are no longer a hot topic, some people wear 'em, and some don't. Aside from covid there's things like the flu where protection makes sense. It's not so political anymore. It was never a political thing for me. It was just common sense.

2023 would be better if more people just used common sense, but for that to happen, the sense has to be common. I remember a time long ago when long hair for men or even mustaches, side burns etc. was a hot topic. We've moved on and now there's a kind of whatever makes you happy attitude - common. We'll see what happens. Many things are really important - until they're not.

With that thought in mind, I wish everyone reading this an important, happy and healthy new year! So far, so good. :)

Hi Arlo!

Why would it, why should it, (the covid thing that we have all been dealing with) be about politics? It should not be. Maybe I blurted that out but, that’s okay.
A lot of us have just been trying to sort it out as we go with the information that we have had to decipher.

Compassion and consideration. At this time, some of us have this mask or that, some don’t. I want us all to have space to sort it out in as sensible way that we can.

I really love how you said it.

Much love to you and all ya’ll and a happy and healthy new year all around!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:46 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

adg wrote:

Happy and Healthy to you g. My average isn't very good on the healthy part. I have the happy; mostly, thanks to you. I hope you got our Ccard. Peace :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

mary platz hughes wrote:
adg wrote:

Happy and Healthy to you g. My average isn't very good on the healthy part. I have the happy; mostly, thanks to you. I hope you got our Ccard. Peace :)

Mary,

I just happened to overhear so…

Just joining in sending good and healing vibes to you for healing any unwellness and dismay.

<3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:16 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
mary platz hughes wrote:
adg wrote:

Mary,

I just happened to overhear so…

Just joining in sending good and healing vibes to you for healing any unwellness and dismay.

<3

Thank you very much. I fight to stay in the light. I am very lucky. All the best to you and yours. Life is a miracle. <3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:58 am

The Folkslinger

Geez... We're almost into February already. The new year seems like full stream ahead. We're visiting our favorite joints around here in Sebastian, knowing that we hafta head back to the farm a little early to get ready for up-coming events. I guess we'll experience some snow and ice, but it's been nice down here. Glad to live here although The Berkshires sure is nice, or will be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Snowdrops are springing up. They are under a cool shade so not bursting just yet.
I put them in only a few years ago, and separated the bulbs last year I think?
Separated?…”you, stay over there. and you, over there, stay!”
What I mean is, “here, let me give you a little sprawling room” ?

Anyhow, my flower fairies books help me out a lot

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c1/a2/98 ... 55786f.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:23 am

The Folkslinger

It's Valentine's Day! :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:46 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yes, it is! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Geez... We're almost into February already. The new year seems like full stream ahead. We're visiting our favorite joints around here in Sebastian, knowing that we hafta head back to the farm a little early to get ready for up-coming events. I guess we'll experience some snow and ice, but it's been nice down here. Glad to live here although The Berkshires sure is nice, or will be.

I hope this amazing clip doesn’t make you feel too shy? Try not to feel shy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNc0VCfKuck