Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:20 am

The Folkslinger

Well, it's not going to be a normal Thanksgiving this year. But, with technology being what it is, at least we'll be able to see what everyone is doing. Not a great time to be visiting family or friends, or even going anywhere. I suppose I'll get lots of pictures of food. I may have to take some myself. Here's wishing everyone reading this a fabulous Thanksgiving! The holidays are just beginning. I like holidays personally, no matter what they are. There's never enough occasions to celebrate. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Well, it's not going to be a normal Thanksgiving this year. But, with technology being what it is, at least we'll be able to see what everyone is doing. Not a great time to be visiting family or friends, or even going anywhere. I suppose I'll get lots of pictures of food. I may have to take some myself. Here's wishing everyone reading this a fabulous Thanksgiving! The holidays are just beginning. I like holidays personally, no matter what they are. There's never enough occasions to celebrate. :)

grateful, celebration, communion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:34 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:

The same to you Arlo. I love the holidays also, but this year they will be very different. May we all weather the “storm” and come through unscathed, happy and healthy. I hope you are doing well after your health adventures this year. I’m sure Marti is taking good care of you. Sending virtual hugs and love to you and yours.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:49 pm

The Folkslinger

Today is the 22nd of November! The first record I made, was released this day 53 years ago by Reprise (Warner) Records. Hard to believe it was so long ago. But, it's still getting some air play. Happy Thanksgiving - Coming right up!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Today is the 22nd of November! The first record I made, was released this day 53 years ago by Reprise (Warner) Records. Hard to believe it was so long ago. But, it's still getting some air play. Happy Thanksgiving - Coming right up!

The first time I ever heard the song Alice’s Restaurant was when I heard you sing it live, around 1986!

What is funny (to me) is that I had it on the best of album, (borrowed, also an album was borrowed from me, both pretty much indefinitely and we were both fine with it)

Anyway! I’d had the song all that time. While one side of the album I listened to thoroughly and often, I would try the other side with Alice’s Restaurant song and just take it off. I could see it was so long, and I was sure it would just be over my head.

So I hear it at last! Live! And in person! And thought it ridiculously hilarious!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:33 pm

The Folkslinger

The first Thanksgiving I've had since 1964 when I didn't have to do anything. It was so fun! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
The first Thanksgiving I've had since 1964 when I didn't have to do anything. It was so fun! :)

Blessings

<3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:33 pm

Site Admin

Happy Thanksgiving neighbors!! hope you all had a great day!! Glad to hear Arlo had fun not doing anything....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:59 pm

The Folkslinger

sparkydon wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving neighbors!! hope you all had a great day!! Glad to hear Arlo had fun not doing anything....

It was and remains really good to not have anything planned. Not that any of the things we would have had planned would be happening anyway. I guess we made the right call last year. But who knew? Just luck. :)