Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: New Release Song & Video
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:34 pm

The Folkslinger

Okay we finally got some actual "News" and "Announcements" Finally, after months of work we've got some great news! We are thrilled to announce that Rolling Stone Magazine will premiere the video I did with Jim Wilson. Thursday July 30th starting at 11:00AM ET you can visit http://rollingstone.com and watch the video for our new release!

Thank you for your continued support. We are so excited to share this video with you in two days! The single “Hard Times Come Again No More” will be available this Friday, July 31 via all major digital retailers and streaming platforms.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Okay we finally got some actual "News" and "Announcements" Finally, after months of work we've got some great news! We are thrilled to announce that Rolling Stone Magazine will premiere the video I did with Jim Wilson. Thursday July 30th starting at 11:00AM ET you can visit http://rollingstone.com and watch the video for our new release!

Thank you for your continued support. We are so excited to share this video with you in two days! The single “Hard Times Come Again No More” will be available this Friday, July 31 via all major digital retailers and streaming platforms.

"we finally got some actual 'News' and 'Announcements'" my foot!

What does that even mean?

That said, thanks for the news of the new music release, will keep an eye open for it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:11 pm

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:
adg wrote:

That said, thanks for the news of the new music release, will keep an eye open for it!

Up until now, we didn't know when and how the song and accompanying video would be released. Now we know, and now everyone also knows. It was a last minute decision by Rolling Stone to premiere the song, and as soon as they agreed to do so, we were able to announce the info to the public. That was news to us, and an announcement to everyone else.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
agnes wrote:
adg wrote:

Up until now, we didn't know when and how the song and accompanying video would be released. Now we know, and now everyone also knows. It was a last minute decision by Rolling Stone to premiere the song, and as soon as they agreed to do so, we were able to announce the info to the public. That was news to us, and an announcement to everyone else.

Can’t wait!

Still, Butterflies and Moonbeams,,,it is all good

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wow Arlo, I didn’t remember from the title that I have that song on a Chieftains CD I got when I was able to see them (I remember best “The Chieftains in Orbit” track and while it doesn’t say, it is “Fanny Power”), whenever that was, between then and now, all I can say is…Thanks for the added verse. Thanks to all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I like this old song. It's a wonderful video.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hi Cecile!!! (as always)

Full Moon coming up

Happy Full Barley Moon!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:07 am

The Folkslinger

I'll be out looking for the full moon if the clouds don't get in the way... The storm is coming in from the same general direction as the moonrise, but ya never know! It might be interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:41 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Here, it's too cloudy tonight!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah!

Around here I am pretty sure the moon will be pretty well hid by clouds and thunder…and clouds

<3

Happy Full Moon!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

May still get to see it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The sky is brilliant!

It looks like a full cloud tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:35 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:

That was great news and I watched the video. Fabulous. You all sound great. It’s so great that you put out something old but something new from you and your friends.
I missed the moon, but a friend from San Francisco posted a beautiful picture of it.
I told you my daughter and I were moving to Texas in another post awhile ago. Well, we did and we are liking it. I bought a house on the north east side of Katy which is north west of Houston. Confusing enough? We love it here. We are far enough from the gulf that the hurricanes are kind of petering out by the time they hit the Katy area. Once we are settled we will start touring around Texas to see all the sites. Oh and I will be visiting all my friends which are within driving distance.
Hope you are well and all the flowers Marti has been planting are looking fabulous. I enjoyed the picture of the wooden Clamzo you have. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oh! The wooden clam,,,it has the appearance of an ancient stone polylith!

Are they traditionally built by polliwogs?

A clam might not have been my first speculation, but it works!

And a handsome garden guardian it is.

I hope whoever created it sees your message!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:05 pm

The Folkslinger

Tom Fiorini made it and gave it to for my 38th birthday. His daughter messaged me and let me know he’s still around, still making great stuff and still in this area. I was able to extend my thanks to Tom directly! Gotta love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk