Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:30 pm

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:
I sometimes wonder if I was born and old soul? And that is not a bad thing.

And I don’t mean Old as counter to Young? But both things simultaneously always

I never got a chance to ask someone who might know, but I wonder if souls are born at all. Somehow, I don't think so. But, they seem to inhabit us when we're very little - like babies. Then they go back to being what they were after the babies grow up, get old, and fall apart. Just speculation. I've read books and met people who claim to know stuff, but I think they're making stuff up. Seems like it's beyond anyone's mind to comprehend and personally, I like that. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
agnes wrote:

I never got a chance to ask someone who might know, but I wonder if souls are born at all. Somehow, I don't think so. But, they seem to inhabit us when we're very little - like babies. Then they go back to being what they were after the babies grow up, get old, and fall apart. Just speculation. I've read books and met people who claim to know stuff, but I think they're making stuff up. Seems like it's beyond anyone's mind to comprehend and personally, I like that. :)

Thanks for saying that about your own thoughts (meaning you are not pushing this on anyone, you are just saying..), that in your own way of thinking about it that you doubt that souls are born, etc. I like that. But to be fair to myself as well, my wording wasn’t 100 percent literal, or maybe was splicing two ideas together? But as you say, And I am pretty sure I have said pretty much this a time or two, that I don’t really know either, and I am okay with that. :)

This has nothing to do with any of this but I just got some magnificent postage stamps. Now I want to look up all the different Rivers that they are on about. :) !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:56 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
agnes wrote:

Wow, this is a very existential conversation. I like the soul being born in the baby. I believe that, some babies have such an understanding look in their eyes. Some look so new and slightly confused. Souls I believe are amongst us for a purpose of learning and guiding us through this world. It’s whether you pay attention or just blindly blunder on. Life is about learning or paying attention and not repeating mistakes. Never a wasted moment. Keep breathing and try not to harm anything. Ok that’s my existential thought for the day. Live on peeps and souls.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

leenski wrote:
adg wrote:
agnes wrote:

Wow, this is a very existential conversation. I like the soul being born in the baby. I believe that, some babies have such an understanding look in their eyes. Some look so new and slightly confused. Souls I believe are amongst us for a purpose of learning and guiding us through this world. It’s whether you pay attention or just blindly blunder on. Life is about learning or paying attention and not repeating mistakes. Never a wasted moment. Keep breathing and try not to harm anything. Ok that’s my existential thought for the day. Live on peeps and souls.

There are some lessons, definitely some lessons,,,,f’n hell

Oh, and thanks for chiming in! Love your post

<3

Post subject: Finally Back At The Farm
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:37 am

The Folkslinger

Finally a few sunny days!!! I was out taking pix. Mostly flowers as everything seems to be blooming at the same time. Amazing. Naturally we had to leave for a couple of shows. It’s always something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:07 am

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
Finally a few sunny days!!! I was out taking pix. Mostly flowers as everything seems to be blooming at the same time. Amazing. Naturally we had to leave for a couple of shows. It’s always something!

Aww well you love the shows or you would stop and we would all lose. I would imagine staying home is a wonderful luxury though. Glad you were able to enjoy the flowers for a short while. Maybe they will be there when you get home again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:37 am

The Folkslinger

Being home at the farm we get to see the creatures roaming the fields. It’s far enough from Thanksgiving so they feel safe.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hold still you, I want one of them feathers! (just joshing)

The critters around here are used to the nonsense that comes out of me sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:57 am

ArloNetizen

That is a beautiful picture. Love the coolness of the shade. And the warmth of the sunlight. Hey that Tom has his feathers fanned, guess he’s showing you who’s boss. Hahaha. That’s a Norman Rockwell minus the people.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:53 pm

The Folkslinger

leenski wrote:
That is a beautiful picture. Love the coolness of the shade. And the warmth of the sunlight. Hey that Tom has his feathers fanned, guess he’s showing you who’s boss. Hahaha. That’s a Norman Rockwell minus the people.

He's just a big flirt hahaha. Looks like he's got a few gals interested too. Good for him! My kind of guy. This fall we'll see them again but with all the moms and kids. They'll come back when the nut trees start dropping their bounty. Maybe I'll have my big lens by then (it's in Florida now).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:37 pm

ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
leenski wrote:

He's just a big flirt hahaha. Looks like he's got a few gals interested too. Good for him! My kind of guy. This fall we'll see them again but with all the moms and kids. They'll come back when the nut trees start dropping their bounty. Maybe I'll have my big lens by then (it's in Florida now).

I don’t know man or woman that doesn’t like having a few people more than interested in them. I know I do. Hahaha. He is a beauty. Can’t wait to see his young’ns. Also look forward to your pix. Gives us a look into what makes you tick. Well darlin have a relaxing time being nearer your home.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:12 am

The Folkslinger

Pix are us! I was out early this morning capturing the late blooming lilacs as they unfold. The regular ones have gone as summer gets underway. Nice to have special ones that linger a little longer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

That reminds me, A bunch of us visited a butterfly exhibit this past weekend. Beautiful environment. I (and I am not the only one) had to resist offering a hand to land on which is my wont. There must be a reason why they said we shouldn’t do it this time (I was there several years ago before), and everyone I could see respected this. I think they want to accommodate everyone, and also keep the butterflies safe.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:57 am

ArloNetizen

Thanks “pix are us” for the lilac picture. I needed that pix fix. Hahaha. Your grounds are beautiful. They look ideal for meandering and contemplating their beauty. Purple is my favorite color and lilacs are one of my favorite fragrances. Spring and fall have the most beautiful colors. Most calming times of the year. Enjoy your time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:37 am

The Folkslinger

We’re finally back on the mountain after a wonderful NYC adventure. It’s raining again. But we love it anyway. I’ve got just a few days before heading to Boston and from there to Oklahoma. By the time I get back here our reconstructed roof should be up and maybe even see some glass / windows etc. all this is pretty exciting stuff.

This is the “before” photo about 1970-1971. The “after” should be done sometime this summer.