Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:37 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 806
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
I've been playing in the sun, beneath the water and on the land for about 2 weeks. It's been a great break from the world of being on the road. We're packing up now for adventures farther west - coming right up. We're going about as far west as you can without beginning to come back the other way. They don't call it 'Down Under' for nothing.

I also get to spend some time back in Mokuleia, and Haleiwa Town on the north shore of Oahu. In fact, we're even playing in Honolulu on the return trip. I haven't had a chance to do that for years. Should be a good time!

Anyway, there's still a couple/few days here on the Indian River on the east coast of Florida. And I'm heading outside to grab another few moments of sun before it starts sinking over the horizon. This morning was a beautiful start to the day. Pix to follow...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:39 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 806
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
Image


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:43 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7124
I love those times when the moon or sun appear to be abnormally huge in the sky.

I posted this on the other thread some while back. It struck me as somewhat comical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usYC_Z36rHw


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:31 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 806
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
agnes wrote:
I love those times when the moon or sun appear to be abnormally huge in the sky.

I posted this on the other thread some while back. It struck me as somewhat comical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usYC_Z36rHw


That would be pretty freaking awesome to see... Just great Hahahaha. I used to wonder why when I looked at the moon or sun rising, it appears big. Then you take a picture of it, and it's just this tiny dot. To get them to look in a photo as they appear to the naked yet, you gotta use a really long lens. That's what I do these days for pix of those things (as above). Still, it amazes me that we can't shake the illusions, and see them as they are, and how the camera sees them. Being human can be exasperating. But, it's still fun!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:20 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7124
adg wrote:
agnes wrote:
I love those times when the moon or sun appear to be abnormally huge in the sky.

I posted this on the other thread some while back. It struck me as somewhat comical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usYC_Z36rHw


That would be pretty freaking awesome to see... Just great Hahahaha. I used to wonder why when I looked at the moon or sun rising, it appears big. Then you take a picture of it, and it's just this tiny dot. To get them to look in a photo as they appear to the naked yet, you gotta use a really long lens. That's what I do these days for pix of those things (as above). Still, it amazes me that we can't shake the illusions, and see them as they are, and how the camera sees them. Being human can be exasperating. But, it's still fun!


Another illusion is when the moon appears to stop for a red light.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 806
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
Here’s one from this morning

Image


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:43 pm
  

User avatar
ArloNetizen

Joined: Dec 30, 2018
Posts: 59
Truly beautiful picture. I look everyday for your pics. They are soothing and inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:30 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7124
adg wrote:
Here’s one from this morning


Through the long lens? Nice

(It's like you pulled it in I mean)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:18 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 806
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
agnes wrote:
adg wrote:
Here’s one from this morning


Through the long lens? Nice

(It's like you pulled it in I mean)


Yup big long lens for these. Too big to haul around as we travel, but for here it's great.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:43 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 806
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
Image

Here’s another from this morning. Last few days all similar. This one shows the lens somewhat pulled back. Not as close as it could be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:41 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7124
Man, that looks like flowing silk.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:43 am
  

User avatar
ArloNetizen

Joined: Dec 30, 2018
Posts: 59
I love the paths the currents make in the water. They can take you somewhere magical if you let them. The flowing colors of the sky are simply beautiful. Serenity is what I seek at this time.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:28 pm
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jan 12, 2007
Posts: 335
Location: france
Beautiful pictures.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:24 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 806
Images: 42
Location: Housatonic, MA
This morning was different!

Image


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: March Means Go West
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:04 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7124
adg wrote:
This morning was different!


A wee bit dispersed!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group