Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:48 am

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:
adg wrote:

Couple of Florida Buzzards I caught on camera as they were busy with each other.

Oh Em Ji that is epic!

hahaha……

I got so many shots of water birds, it's a little nuts. And these guys too are something else. They sure clean up everything. Amazing really. I saw a panther here once, but didn't have a camera. Then Jackie said she saw it, and was yelling at me, but it was only a house cat. That was pretty funny.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
agnes wrote:
adg wrote:

Couple of Florida Buzzards I caught on camera as they were busy with each other.

Oh Em Ji that is epic!

hahaha……

I got so many shots of water birds, it's a little nuts. And these guys too are something else. They sure clean up everything. Amazing really. I saw a panther here once, but didn't have a camera. Then Jackie said she saw it, and was yelling at me, but it was only a house cat. That was pretty funny.

Hahaha…..

Aww, Jackie…We love you and miss you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I saw the moon earlier this evening through some thin clouds (pretty full), but I don’t think it will be visible tomorrow night for some snowy weather event,,,it may peek through though? I will check! But the minute I stepped outside today I saw a hawk fly right overhead! “Hawk!”

<3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
adg wrote:
agnes wrote:
Love it.

Me Too! Only saw that one and the Eagle one time... Fairly rare around those parts, or I was wasn't paying enough attention. It's also hard to spot them looking over so vast an area. But, I keep looking... Keep hoping... Keep snapping pix of everything in sight. That's th best thing about the digital realm, you just throw out the ones that turned out to be nothing. And then you get surprised every once in awhile.

I get excited when I see a hawk. I am like, "Hawk!" I rarely see eagles. Then one year I saw several, at different times and spaces. It was like, Wow!

And then there is the majestic buzzard.

Such handsome creatures.

Though I love the name Buzzard, for a Vulture

In the UK a Buzzard is what in the US is a Hawk

However, the scientific name for the handsome Vulture is:

Cathartes aura

How beautiful a name is that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
I saw the moon earlier this evening through some thin clouds (pretty full), but I don’t think it will be visible tomorrow night for some snowy weather event,,,it may peek through though? I will check! But the minute I stepped outside today I saw a hawk fly right overhead! “Hawk!”

<3

Snow outside, children playing, overcast….

It’s all good!