Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Offline
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 782
Images: 40
Location: Housatonic, MA
We’ve been out and about for a few weeks and aside from the usual nightmares it’s all going well. We have left the most northern part of this leg and are heading southwest back into warmer weather. Tennessee, Louisiana, and Texas coming right up.

Before we hit the left coast we’ve got a couple weeks to get restored. I’m taking that time back south on the Indian River while the band and crew head north into the hills. We’ll meet up in Cerritos, CA in March.

Meanwhile we’ve still got two weeks of fun shows, great towns, awesome venues and good times ahead. Can’t wait to get back into the hot sun and cool water. An afternoon drink during a day off in minimal attire. Gotta love it.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7075
adg wrote:
We’ve been out and about for a few weeks and aside from the usual nightmares it’s all going well. We have left the most northern part of this leg and are heading southwest back into warmer weather. Tennessee, Louisiana, and Texas coming right up.

Before we hit the left coast we’ve got a couple weeks to get restored. I’m taking that time back south on the Indian River while the band and crew head north into the hills. We’ll meet up in Cerritos, CA in March.

Meanwhile we’ve still got two weeks of fun shows, great towns, awesome venues and good times ahead. Can’t wait to get back into the hot sun and cool water. An afternoon drink during a day off in minimal attire. Gotta love it.


wheee!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:09 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 782
Images: 40
Location: Housatonic, MA
agnes wrote:
adg wrote:
We’ve been out and about for a few weeks and aside from the usual nightmares it’s all going well. We have left the most northern part of this leg and are heading southwest back into warmer weather. Tennessee, Louisiana, and Texas coming right up.

Before we hit the left coast we’ve got a couple weeks to get restored. I’m taking that time back south on the Indian River while the band and crew head north into the hills. We’ll meet up in Cerritos, CA in March.

Meanwhile we’ve still got two weeks of fun shows, great towns, awesome venues and good times ahead. Can’t wait to get back into the hot sun and cool water. An afternoon drink during a day off in minimal attire. Gotta love it.


wheee!


Exactly! I guess it's just human nature to look ahead, and hope for the best.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:46 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 782
Images: 40
Location: Housatonic, MA
We got Nashville under our belts, now we head to the Big Easy. Haven't seen Tipitina's since we played there for the Katrina Benefits we did years ago. It'll be nice to return again. A week and a half from today, I'll be back on the river, up early and hoping for gorgeous sunrises. Marti's been sprucing up the place so I know it'll be a joy to return. I love being out on the road, a different town every day, but I also love staying put and waking up in the same bed every day. For most people this would be a problematic multi personality disorder, but for me it's just the way it goes.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:49 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 782
Images: 40
Location: Housatonic, MA
Image

missing my creature friends


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 782
Images: 40
Location: Housatonic, MA
Image


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:35 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 782
Images: 40
Location: Housatonic, MA
Image


There's just a few (the eagle is a little fuzzy) of river creature pix. Hopefully I'll get a lot more pix when I get back, and maybe some even on the road - Ya never know. I just love knowing they're there - Holding down the fort as it were, while I'm off gallivanting around.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:44 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 782
Images: 40
Location: Housatonic, MA
Image

Okay one more. Love this bird. I like all the birds. Especially the ones that seem friendly.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7075
Wow! Where did you take that picture of the hawk? (hawk, right?)

So beauty-ful. All of them.

There was a hawk right outside the window here once the size of a large cat! “Oh hi!”


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:51 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 782
Images: 40
Location: Housatonic, MA
I was in my deck in Florida and the hawk landed in a nearby plumeria tree! Just happened to have my camera. It looked like it was checking me out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:54 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7075
Love it.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:39 am
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 782
Images: 40
Location: Housatonic, MA
agnes wrote:
Love it.


Me Too! Only saw that one and the Eagle one time... Fairly rare around those parts, or I was wasn't paying enough attention. It's also hard to spot them looking over so vast an area. But, I keep looking... Keep hoping... Keep snapping pix of everything in sight. That's th best thing about the digital realm, you just throw out the ones that turned out to be nothing. And then you get surprised every once in awhile.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:00 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7075
adg wrote:
agnes wrote:
Love it.


Me Too! Only saw that one and the Eagle one time... Fairly rare around those parts, or I was wasn't paying enough attention. It's also hard to spot them looking over so vast an area. But, I keep looking... Keep hoping... Keep snapping pix of everything in sight. That's th best thing about the digital realm, you just throw out the ones that turned out to be nothing. And then you get surprised every once in awhile.


I get excited when I see a hawk. I am like, "Hawk!" I rarely see eagles. Then one year I saw several, at different times and spaces. It was like, Wow!

And then there is the majestic buzzard.

Such handsome creatures.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:19 pm
  

User avatar
The Folkslinger

Joined: Nov 23, 1999
Posts: 782
Images: 40
Location: Housatonic, MA
Image

Couple of Florida Buzzards I caught on camera as they were busy with each other.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:29 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7075
adg wrote:

Couple of Florida Buzzards I caught on camera as they were busy with each other.


Oh Em Ji that is epic!

hahaha……


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group