Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Another Good Day
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:23 pm

The Folkslinger

December 14, 2018

As usual, I got up before dawn. Another good cup of java, and I waited to see if the morning would be something I had to photograph. It was, although it was quite early. Most of the time, the colors, if they're going to be good, show up about a half hour to forty-five minutes before sunrise. Today it was much earlier.

Now, hours later, it looks like the rain in the area will bypass us to the north heading out to sea. I have a couple of meetings this afternoon, but otherwise it's another day completely off. I love it!

I'm posting one of the pix from this morning - Just sharing - Nothing important. I just ran out onto the deck and started snapping away. This is one of the good ones - just the river & skies. Hope you can enjoy...

Attachment:
AGT30520.JPG
AGT30520.JPG [ 4.38 MiB | Viewed 11341 times ]

More later, or tomorrow which ever comes first.

Post subject: Re: Another Good Day
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

wow the colors are amazing

i have seen the sky looking pretty amazing even during the day, not quite that colorful though,,,like during storm intervals or some interesting weather pattern, which i would just be on about, but i haven’t had a working camera (if you don’t count a film camera i think still works) in some few years now. it was just a little digital one i had fun with, but all the sudden i got a “lens fail” message,,,i am like, what the heck? i kept that thing pristine, and while trying to find out what that message might be about it’s like all, “oh, maybe you got sand in it or something”, you know, something i read, of course not the exact wording.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:32 pm

The Folkslinger

Maybe it just meant that it wasn't completely "on" right. Hard to imagine how a lens could fail - But, I'm no expert. Depends on what camera you're playing with. I have a few little ones I keep for travel - when traveling lite. I still don't have my good stuff, but maybe some time next week. It's always something! Having said that, a few of the best shots I ever got was with those little cheap ones. These days they're almost all damn good - considering what they were like just a few years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

yeah, it is just one of those little point and shoot cameras,,,it was really fun. but anyway, i just went and got it to try and mess with it again. the lens is stuck in a fully extended position. usually when the power is turned off it retracts so that it is flush with the face of the camera. so anyway, i just put in some freshly charged batteries, turned it on and it still just says,”lens error” (not “lens fail”, sorry about that). the possible explanations seem to lean towards dirt or grime in the mechanism or an impact from a fall, and neither of those things is the case. so i tried the various maneuvers to try and coax it into straightening out (not that it is crooked at all but you know what i mean, figure of speech), and it is still just stuck. ah well, it was worth a try.

i haven’t thought about getting another one in a while but we’ll see.