Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 pm

The Folkslinger

Since last June (2012) approximately 125 of my gigs were in some way connected to the Woody Guthrie centennial year. Some are as yet to happen before it all comes to a close at the end of May 2013. Either way you look at it, those gigs ate up a lot of time and miles. The arlonet schedule is arranged by calendar year, because it's logical, and we all understand it. But, the touring year - the time frame for a 'season' defined by the theaters and concert halls is uniquely different. The season begins in June and runs thru the following May. So when you 'expand' the schedule here on arlonet you'll discover that tours with different names, or have a particular theme cross over from one year to the next with little attention to what year it is. That is also the reason that some dates are not posted even though we know what's coming, as some venues would rather we didn't give away their schedules in advance until they can announce it themselves. I am perpetually confused by this, but we have to defer to their judgement (usually by contractual arrangements).

So, we are beginning to fill in the blanks in the arlonet calendar for the coming season, and a new touring year begins soon. This coming summer (2013) is pretty much nailed down with some solo shows here and there. I'll be taking some time off the road as well as there's a lot of work that needs to get done on The Farm - Abe & Lisa have started an amazing bunch of projects, from maple syrup to bees and orchards and Lord knows what else just to keep the place up and running. Annie & Deb are holding down the fortress on the hill keeping the offices and logistical stuff going. It's a crew and a half. I just wanna bask in the summer sun like a seal and roll into the water from time to time.

But, first - Alaska. Yep I hear they're putting up the chain-link fence for mosquito season. I'm hoping to beat it out of there before the Kodiak bears remember they haven't eaten for months. So, I'm working my way north for the next couple weeks before sliding over to Wisconsin and Michigan - The last leg of the journey. See you out there somewhere...

Love to All,
adg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

ADG, take it easy, but take it. You deserve it. Know about that work that needs to be done around the farm, too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Happy wandering and folkslinging Arlo. And glad to hear the family is (are?) keeping the home-fires burning brightly :D See you down the road somewhere!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Happy Trails. i'm glad you are taking some time off to grow and glow, or whatever! much l <3 ve!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey adg, Thanks for the update. Love and Hug to you too!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

Have a great spring and summer hon. You deserve it. Hope you add Richmond, Va to your schedule. It does exist lol. :) Hugs. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Arlo ,have a great summer and enjoy your "me" time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:55 pm

BlunderVirgin

I am guessing that there will be some whiskey to go along with the basking and rolling! before that, see you in Michigan in May! mez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:34 pm

BlunderVirgin

Say Hi to everyone in Alaska, my brother is at the show in Anchorage!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:21 am

BlunderVirgin

Yahoo! just got my schedule for the rest of May, I only work half a day on the 18th. Now I do not have to drive 100mph to get to the show in Dowagiac on time! Now I can cruise at 65 and get there in plenty of time. See you soon! mez