Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Re: MERRY EVERYTHING!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:31 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah, please stick around, Peace!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I usually forget peoples' names within minutes of meeting them. Not that I don't remember the person or that they didn't leave an impression on me. I just have a hard time remembering names. I'm constantly apologizing to people for forgetting their names. What's worse is that I sometimes don't totally recognize people who I've met only a few times if I see them out of context (like seeing Joe the bartender in the supermarket or something like that). They look familiar but ..... It sometimes takes me a while until I make the connection. Neuron paths get sidetracked. That's what happens when your brain went through the 60s!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I have thesame problem Captain ( its international ) but as long as i reconize my wife and children there's no problem :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Haha ,i have thesame problem Captain ( its international ) but as long as i reconize my wife and children there's no problem :D[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I have that problem as well Zap......Got it so bad that when I read your post, it sounded so much like me I couldn't remember whether or not I had written it :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Sometimes for me, since I've been around so long, everyone starts to look familiar. (Well not everyone, but a lot more than I would expect) I don't know if I have a photographic memory - when I remember things I see them; like words on a page, 2nd paragraph down on the right hand side sort of thing - but I'll be thinking I know someone but can't remember for sure. Some time later it'll come to me that the person looks kind of like some one else and that's where the connection is.

There's a woman I used to see occasionally in the grocery store. She looked very familiar, but I have not yet placed the face so to speak. I've been tempted to approach her, but figure it'd sound like a line if I asked if she knew me so I never have. The really weird thing is sometimes when she'd catch my eye and I glanced over she would be looking at me which made me think that maybe I DO know her, but I don't think so.

And why in the world did I say all that?

At times I'll be with some one I know quite well and the name just flies out the window to France or Neptune - it's just not there. After maybe 10 minutes - kerpow! - it's back.

It's interesting what your brain remembers and what it doesn't. Like why I can remember only one song the Beatles did when I saw them in 66 or how I can remember two of the stories Arlo told when I saw him in Madison a few years back, but I can't remember any of the songs he did. Quite strange.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Sometimes I can't even remember my own name, that is one of the credentials I love about being blonde! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Really! Thank goodness I have a photo of me on my license! Only works when there's a mirror around, though!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

on a walk once i saw ted koppel and didn't realize it but he looked familiar and so i smile at him like he is someone i have seen around here somewhere before and he is all smiling back which looks every bit to me like the reciprocal he recognizes me from around here somewhere before as well but then all a sudden the wheels start turning (processing...processing...) and when he is right beside me right then i realize and reveal a vague expression of recognition and smile (translates laughing inside at myself) and say hi and he smiles and says hi back.

and then there is my neighbor who for the longest time i wouldn't recognize unless he was standing in his yard and even after once revealing this to him (on such an occasion outside his yard) it would still take him off guard but it at least had demystified that faraway look in my eyes everytime when he would step up and say howdy! (after which we would both laugh) sonofagun!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:47 am

Senior ArloNetizen

If i go on holliday to the States in the future i dont recognize enybody from here on the forum because i never have seen faces :( . It would be a pleasure if i can see who i am talking ( writing ) to . Cant whe make a topic with our picture's on it ? That would be nice :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

guitarman wrote:
It would be a pleasure if i can see who i am talking ( writing ) to . Cant whe make a topic with our picture's on it ? That would be nice :)

I'm there. Look to the left. Len's picture has me worried, though. You might have to sniff his butt to recognize him!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Yes Captain , i know thats you but i see only hair ( looks tesame as mine in earlier days ) The picture of Len is also difficult to see ( looks like he has a wet nose ) :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ok, I'm a dog on the Internet, but a right handsome one with a fabulous smile.

The breath is the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

what'sa matter? don't you like the sight of my particle collider?

and that is the good side...the other side is a black hole!