Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:15 pm

The W!zard

Well, it seems as if our hosting provider CI Host decided to sell off all their shared hosting accounts (including ArloNet) to this other company (X7 Hosting). So they kindly migrated our website to the new company and servers. Frankly, it didn't go smoothly. In fact it's been a major headache since the migration yesterday. Things are broke, things aren't up to date, the web hosting support staff isn't always very helpful. In other words, SHIT IS FUCKED UP AND I'M PISSED!!!

Not only that, but the wonderful folks doing this migration gave me less than 24 hours notice that this was even happening.

I am doing my best to get things back up and working - but it's been a major PITA. I'm still finding what's broken and what isn't working and such. So, if you find something not working or acting weird - please drop a line here to let me know (now that I finally got the forums working again - no help from X7).

Your patience and understanding in this time is greatly appreciated, and I will do my best to get things back up and running ASAP.

As a side note - anyone looking for a web hosting provider, I'd strongly urge you to stay away from both CI Host and X7 Hosting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks for all your hard work Dave, don't know what we'd do without you. On some topics here I know you might feel like a voice in the wilderness, but none of our voices would be heard here at all if it weren't for your wizardry.......'preciate it lots, Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

What Kevin said, Dave!!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:05 am

Arlo Fanatic

That explains why i had problems getting on the site. Amen to what they said. We appreciate all you do. Good luck...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:01 am

The W!zard

Ok, the forums seem to be back in working order. And I just brought BlunderChat back from the dead. Now on to the schedule.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Thanks for your great job, Dave. It's now my second time login after the change. I had to answer a question about the Folkslinger both times. In case you wanted to know.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:16 pm

The W!zard

Download live shows is now working... I also know about the question thing... I'll be tweaking that when I get a chance as it shouldn't ask you if you are already logged in. But that's a quirk rather than something broken so it's a little ways down the list.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I wonder if it could be set up where if your a registered member & not a spammer, you don't have to answer the question and can get in quicker? If not no biggie. We hate spammers...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

No problems here Dave . Thank you . :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:14 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks for all you do Dave! Can you imagine this many blunderites out on the streets talking to themselves?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Goofus wrote:
Thanks for all you do Dave! Can you imagine this many blunderites out on the streets talking to themselves?

!!!
:lol: :lol:
Goofus, you are so funny !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:38 pm

BlunderVirgin

Dave wrote:
Well, it seems as if our hosting provider CI Host decided to sell off all their shared hosting accounts (including ArloNet) to this other company (X7 Hosting). So they kindly migrated our website to the new company and servers. Frankly, it didn't go smoothly. In fact it's been a major headache since the migration yesterday. Things are broke, things aren't up to date, the web hosting support staff isn't always very helpful. In other words, SHIT IS FUCKED UP AND I'M PISSED!!!

Would you say it's cost you $108 in headache yet?