Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: Down Time
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:14 am

The Folkslinger

December 7, 2018

We arrived a couple of days ago, back on the river. Not much has changed since I left. I don't ever seem to stay in one place too long. It's just the way this life turned out. Not a complaint, just an observation. However, this is the place I sometimes get to stay the longest without having to leave. That may begin to change a year from now as I get to the inevitable slow down stage of life. But, for now this is good.

I love being on the river - It's always the same, and always changing. There's hasn't been any dramatic colors in the morning yet, but they will come. And I'll be there as a witness and documentarian - I love taking pictures of this stuff. It's sort of like fishing. You just have to be there in the first place. It starts with a good cup of coffee. And sometimes a willingness to brave the weather no matter how unprepared the wardrobe. Those colors as the sun is rising or setting last mere seconds, and there's other events that take place equally as quickly.

I was standing out on the deck a few years ago with an old friend, and the sky lit up from a rocket launch from Cape Canaveral. I ran and grabbed the first camera with a long lens attached. Got some great shots as the thing passed overhead. The Kennedy Space Center is just out of visible range from here, but the launches are easily seen especially in the evening. That was a good one. Just another moment when everything changes for a few seconds.

Attachment:
File comment: Impregnating The Universe (rocket launch)
T1AG1287 090215.jpg
T1AG1287 090215.jpg [ 3.37 MiB | Viewed 6065 times ]

Post subject: Re: Down Time
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i was on a different thread talking about a camera i had, while it was still working

i took this picture, taken in early spring i think, a few years ago

i couldn’t post it on the other thread

but here it is

cosmic sky, cosmic earth

Attachment:
DSCN0696.JPG
DSCN0696.JPG [ 213.77 KiB | Viewed 6030 times ]