Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:54 pm

BlunderVirgin

I am attempting to get in touch with either Arlo or Nora regarding a personal recognition of Woody Guthrie that I would like to bestow.

I am the curator/writer of the online musical repository, the US100, which can be found at my website: http://www.theus100.com

This site selects 100 songs from American musical history as being at its heart. Of course predictably enough This Land Is Your Land is featured, coming in at number 2.

As part of the project, every US100 artist becomes a US100 member, receiving a certificate, and I am endeavouring to get these certificates to this artist and get a photo for the website. In instances of the artist no longer being with us, as in Woody's case, I am looking to do the same with a representative or relative.

I've attempted to contact the Guthrie Center and Guthrie Publications directly but as yet have received no word. Does anyone know the best way for me to bestow this honor? I know Arlo sometimes posts on here directly - if you're reading mate, please drop me a PM!

Here is how the certificates looks, an enticing prospect for anyone

Just imagine how good it will look signed and laminated!

p.s. if anyone has any idea how to get Bob Dylan to accept awards/recognition then let me know. Have contacted the Nobel people but no word.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Late response, but if you haven't had any success yet, try contacting Annie Guthrie at Rising Son Records.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:37 am

BlunderVirgin

mikey wrote:
Late response, but if you haven't had any success yet, try contacting Annie Guthrie at Rising Son Records.

It's never too late with this project. As it stands I will be a quarter of the way through it come summer. :D

Much appreciated Mikey, I will follow that lead. There is a strong chance you will now be mentioned on our podcast as being a Helpful Person.